Type in value for things not Decimal.

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Alphons
Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:52 am

x

Type in value for things not Decimal.

Something that is often bothering me with wanting to get specific values for things like automation clips or just generally, to set values.

I can't set cent values precise enough.
I would really love to be able to set a cent value by typing out a number instead of either
-procedurally guessing what it would be,
-doing some advanced arithmetic with more than one missing value since I have no idea where 1 or 0 caps out.

This is mostly for things like the the pitch knobs in the sampler at both the Time Stretching section and the channel wrapper in any wrapper.
It would be really helpful to be able to type a value in cents into that. In that case for example +700 or -14 cents or something.
My suggestion would just be a separate additional "type in value" options for those in the context menu.

Also while we are at it, could we please add Type in BPM in the drop-down menu of the Time Knob in the time stretching section of the sampler instead of having it hidden beneath the "Autodetect" context menu?
Lately, since I have been using more and more 3rd party samples that often do have the BPM value in the name but not embedded, and it takes up so much time having to go through that context menu every time instead or right-clicking, pressing a key, and then typing it.
Same should probably go for Type in Beats, even though I never use that. Just for consistency.
I just don't get why they are in the Tempo detect popup if they don't have anything to do with detecting the tempo.

Anyway, hope I'm not getting on your nerves.

PS: I have a crappy mouse

angrmgmt
Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:59 pm

x

Re: Type in value for things not Decimal.

I know this is a bit of a necro, but I would li...

TheoX747
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:03 pm

x

I will second this too. It would be nice to se...

bradnon
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:22 am

x

I agree wholeheartedly on this. Also, has anyon...

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:18 pm

x

bradnon wrote: ↑Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:22 am I agre...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bradnon
Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:26 am

x

Hevy (IL) wrote: ↑Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:18 pm bra...

Return to “To Do”