Another Approach to Scale Highlighting

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Phoqust
Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:57 am

x

Another Approach to Scale Highlighting

I've written a couple of (admittedly cranky-sounding) posts here about the Scale Highlighting debacle (global vs. per-project), and I just thought of another way to approach the problem.

On the Piano Roll, bind the right-click to fly out a menu with the list of modes plus a "None" entry. For clarity, the note name should probably appear somewhere in the menu to ensure you've right-clicked the intended key.
Scale Highlighting Concept.png
For example, if you right-click on the D4 key (or any D key, really), then select "Major (Ionian)" from the menu that appears, scale highlighting appears on the notes of the D Ionian (Major) scale. If you then right click on F#4, then "Minor Natural (Aeolian)", scale highlighting instantly switches to the natural F# minor scale. If you want to get rid of the scale highlighting altogether, you can select the "None" menu entry (not pictured in my crude image above).

This will make Scale Highlighting far easier to use than the clunky menus we have to dig through today. At the very least, this will buy you time while you figure out how to persist the Scale Highlighting settings in the project file! :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”