Can you recommend some good sound cards?

Lots of links to samples, VSTis, ...

Return to “Links”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Uni0
Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:51 pm

x

Can you recommend some good sound cards?

Hi everyone!
I hope I'm posting in the right section of the forums.

I would like to get your opinions if you know anything about sound cards/external audio interfaces. I'm not going to give you a long history of my life but I'll sum it up simply:

I've been composing music on the computer for 11/12 years. I got my first sound card 9/10 years ago, the Tascam US MK II, then I got a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen, then last year I bought an Audien ID14. In short, only low to mid-range sound cards, but still decent.

I rather invested in my acoustics even if it is not perfect than in very high end speakers. I use Event Audio 20/20 bas V3 and small Auratones to check the midrange. I also composed with Beat by Dre headphones for maybe 2 years (sounded horrible) 10 years ago and then bought a Sennheiser HD 25 and last year I bought the Sennheiser HD 600 - I love the neutral sound of the HD 600.

Anyway, since last year, having saved a bit, I've been trying to increase my sound quality and that includes good equipment.
It seems that the artists I listen to mostly use either RME or UAD. I would like a sound card with uncoloured sound, with a good integrated amp for my Sennheiser 600. I would like a sound card with a non-coloured sound, with a good amp for my Sennheiser, a precise, high end sound and to be able to switch quickly between my speakers and my Auratones.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Return to “Links”