FL Studio Mobile has many annoying bugs.

Support, Project sharing, Discussion and more...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”

Forum rules
Asking for help? WE NEED DETAILS: problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:
  1. Specific information - a) FL Studio Mobile version number, b) What you are doing and what happens exactly, c) Step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots / Videos - Both great way to demonstrate issues. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. Did you read the manual? - In FL Studio Mobile tap - Help > Manual. See it here.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.
NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Foxman McCoy
Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:49 am

x

FL Studio Mobile has many annoying bugs.

As the title says, FL Studio Mobile (for iOS) has still a good amount of very annoying bugs that have been in the software for a while. Most of these seem to occur only on complex projects. I will list some of them here:

1: Sometimes, when you start the app on a project that has a certain part only selected for play back, the white bars at the top of the screen that contain the part that will only play (and will loop that section once it reaches the end, for clarification), will expand so much that it will cover the entire for a few seconds, and then retract back to normal. This has been in the app every since about 4.0 was released.

2: Randomly, when you copy and paste multiple automations, there is a chance that the automation may turn off the sound generator (MiniSynth, GMS, SuperSaw, etc.), even though there is no dedicated automation to turn it off as intended. This unintended automation will persist until you delete and re-paste the automations, and is pretty agitating! The keyboard will also be grayed out until you re-paste the automations as well, but you have to manually turn off and on the sound generator to make it functionable again. This started around 4.1 and still has not been fixed.

3: Copying a set of automation in one automation channel and pasting it in an automation clip of a different channel will appear to paste nothing, even though something is selected and I have verified that I have copied the automation correctly. But in the automation clip itself, it will show that there are square automations that flip between different levels around 50%. But if you actually play it back, it will only go to the part where the automations glitch out and not follow the stuff after it. This bug seems to occur with no discernible pattern. Again, this started to exist around 4.1, although it might have started in 4.2.

4: If you have a complex project with dozens of different files that are about 5 minutes long or so, then the project will lag heavily. Sometimes, if you have a ton of them, the app will crash, even though the CPU nor RAM doesn’t show to be overloaded. If you enter the app again, one of two things will happen; A: Start up at the demo project “Goldhands - Elisa (feat. Tevlo)”, (if the app started on the offending project), or B: Crash while loading it again, and when you enter it the second time, load the project that you have last loaded with the stats of the project that crashed, and most likely overwrite the offending project if you choose to save (if you switched to the project that crashed). Sometimes, you might be able to avoid this if you delete a lot of the very long audio clips, but depending on how the project is set up, it may be impossible to avoid the crash, and you have to go into your files and move the sample folder out of the FLM folder and have to recreate everything again. As I have taken steps to try to avoid this, I have not experienced this that much, although I am certain it started in 4.0 or so. I am pretty sure it was better in version 3.6 and earlier.

There are also some other bugs that I have reported in the past that are STILL not fixed, such as:

1: If you change the oscillator several times in GMS and keep playing back the project, then FL Studio Mobile will probably crash.

2: Swiping extremely quickly in a folder with hundreds of samples and dozens of sub-folders which also have a lot of samples will cause tap input in the menu to be several items off, and the only way to return it back to normal is to restart the app.

I know you have a lot of other bugs to fix, but in my opinion, these are the most prominent ones. It puzzles me on how some easy-to-encounter and annoying bugs manage to slip by the bug-fixing team for months, maybe even over a year, despite reliable reports and the team being able to recreate it! It seems to me that the team forgets about the bug right after they are recreated and instead focuses on other bugs. Most of the crashes in FL fail to show up in the logs as well, although I have included one that the corresponding session ended in a crash. I have an iPad Pro 2017 10.5 inch, and I am running iOS 14.6. I am on the latest version (4.2.5). Please try to recreate these bugs and actually fix them when you are free, alright?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”