Playlist header selection requests

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
D3Mens
Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:21 pm

x

Playlist header selection requests

Usually when you press Ctrl+click & drag you select multiple track headers. cool

if you then release the click then Ctrl+click & drag on a different track the first selection resets. cool
(Well, it's not how Windows works but at least it is consistent with the Channel rack)

here's what I mean:
FL64_2023-02-28_12-39-16.mp4

All fine untill this happens (notice how sometimes the selection resets, sometimes does not):
FL64_2023-02-28_12-41-22.mp4

At first I thought that the problem was random because in fact I was always clicking on the track header but then I realised that the shortcut behaves differently if you click on the track header or "in between" two headers, where the double arrow cursor pops out:
(here my mouse is still on the track header but switches to the double arrow)
FL64_2023-02-28_12-46-48.png
This shortcut behaviour is different from how the selection occurs in the Channel Rack where since there is no "in between" there is no way to risk adding channels to the previously selected. It always resets. this is great.

There is already a shortcut to add tracks to the previous selection, which is Shift+Ctrl+click & drag.
But look what happens when you Shift+Ctrl+click & drag in between two headers:
FL64_2023-02-28_13-11-49.mp4

This means that having that alternative behaviour of Ctrl+click & drag and Shift+Ctrl+click & drag when the mouse changes to double arrow is creating not a few problems.

Imagine this scenario:
1) You have clicked on Track's 1 header.
2) then you do your stuff, then scroll down the playlist where you don't see track 1 header anymore.
3) then you ctrl+click & drag on a few tracks because you want to delete them but you accidentally start to click "in between" two tracks.
4) you confidently press delete then continue working
RESULT:
after 10 minutes you realize track 1 doesn't exist anymore and you cannot undo otherwise you'll lose 10min of work.

Here's a recreation of this scenario (notice how when recreating point 3) i also accidentally selected the track above, then deselected it, even more confident that my final selection was correct):
FL64_2023-02-28_13-02-29.mp4
Is there anyone here that uses this weird way of selecting headers by clicking in between of them? To me it's just confusing, I prefer to work fast and not have to care where I clicked.

So my suggestion/request is to disable that alternative behaviour when the mouse becomes a double arrow because it can become really problematic and also slows you down if you work fast because then you have to fix those wrong selections or double/triple check your whole playlist to be shure that your track selection was right.

Hope you can understand this issue and solve it for the next update.
Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by D3Mens on Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

nanospiral
Content Creator
Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:30 pm

x

Re: Playlist header selection bugs and problems

Hi. Thank you for reporting. FWIW there is a ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nanospiral
Content Creator
Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:57 pm

x

Hi again. I talked to a developer, this behavi...

D3Mens
Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:00 pm

x

nanospiral wrote: ↑Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:57 pm Hi ...

D3Mens
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:38 am

x

nanospiral wrote: ↑Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:10 am Hi,...

nanospiral
Content Creator
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:36 am

x

Re: Playlist header selection requests

Had to do move it back and forth, but it should...

Return to “To Do”