Piano Roll - a new "Claw Machine" tool that doesn't need dozens of midi notes to function

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
D3Mens
Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:05 am

x

Piano Roll - a new "Claw Machine" tool that doesn't need dozens of midi notes to function

Hello, I really like the claw tool but sometimes it feels a bit obscure how it works.

I admit, i mostly use it to make speed up/slow down rolls of midi notes.

The main problem is that you have to first create all the notes you want to transform whereas instead wouldn't be better if the claw tool could generate the notes starting from only one note inputted?

What if it would have only these 4 parameters?

1) Duration of the claw effect (starting from the note you used as input it generates as many notes it needs to reach the set length)

2)tension of the claw effect

3) forward/backward direction of claw effect (toggle)

4) bonus - vertical direction of effect (pitch up-down)

I'm not sure how many use the claw tool for other purposes, but if you noticed how many requests and questions you received all these years:

"How can I make a speed up/ slow down midi roll?"

The answer was always "Use the claw tool", and no-one ever thought of it because probably very few people found it appealing/useful, maybe because of its confusing controls maybe because it wasn't really meant for that effect.

So my suggestion is to make a new tool made specifically for "bouncing ball effects" which doesn't need any midi note besides the one to define the starting point.

Thank you
Last edited by D3Mens on Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “To Do”