How do I multi select and move patterns in different non sequential tracks and move them together to maintain alignment

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Erraymusic
Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:28 am

x

How do I multi select and move patterns in different non sequential tracks and move them together to maintain alignment

I'm new to FL Studio, so please bear with my lack of knowledge on such simple matters.

I have a pattern on track one and then a pattern on track six. These patterns are perfectly aligned to work together. I want to randomly select and move these patterns over by 8 measures because I have decided to add something on another track before I want these patterns begin playing. Usually, with my other DAW, I can simply multiselect these patterns by clicking on the pattern in track one, hold down the control (Ctrl) key, go click the pattern in track six, which selects them both, then slide them over 8 measures, or wherever I want them to go, and that's it, they both get selected, and they both move around together. This doesn't seem to work in FL Studio.

In FL Studio, I hold down "Ctrl", and left click, then go to the second pattern, and click on it while continuing to hold "Ctrl", but this simply de-selects the first pattern I clicked, and then only selects the second pattern without selecting them both together. I am aware that I can hold the "Ctrl" key, then left click and drag to select patterns, but this forces me to select all patterns on all tracks in between, with no known way to de-select the ones I do not want to move, which all the de-selecting would seem clunky and unnecessarily time consuming. Otherwise, I have to move the one pattern at a time, by first clicking/moving the pattern on track one over 8 measures, than go down to track six and click/move that pattern over 8 measures, making sure not to misalign them. While that seems simple in this case, in larger arrangements, this can be more difficult and time consuming.

I am sure this is a simple process I am simply not aware of in FL Studio. I have performed internet searches, but nothing comes back that clearly identifies a simple technique for doing this. I may not be asking the question in a clear, properly articulated way, but I have sincerely tried. I would have thought "Ctrl+Left Click" each pattern I want to select, then move them as desired, would do the job, but this is not the case here. Please advise.

Thanks - Gary

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”