Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Prxlac
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:59 am

x

Bring Efficiency mode to the windows version

Dear Image-Line Development Team,

I would like to ask you to integrate an efficiency mode into FL Studio when the program is not actively being used. This mode would reduce the CPU and memory usage of FL Studio by lowering the priority of its processes and threads. This would allow other applications to run more smoothly and save battery life on laptops.

There is a new feature in Windows 10 called EcoQoS that can help you implement this mode easily. EcoQoS is a quality-of-service level that enables applications to run background work efficiently while minimizing interference with foreground work. You can learn more about it here: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/performa ... ng-ecoqos/

Another reason why I think this mode would be useful is that sometimes my laptop does not sleep well if FL Studio is running. I have noticed that FL Studio prevents my computer from entering sleep mode or wakes it up unexpectedly. This causes unnecessary power consumption and heat generation. If FL Studio could enter efficiency mode when it is minimized or idle, this problem would be solved.

I would gladly test some test builds with efficiency mode. Thank you for considering my suggestion. :)

JLAB
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:41 pm

x

Re: Bring Efficiency mode to the windows version

No idea if what you say is valid. But, yes, ma...

Return to “To Do”