Bouncing Dry. What Exactly Am I Rendering: Track Consolidation & Mixer Rendering Routing

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Nathan Donnelly
Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:40 pm

x

Bouncing Dry. What Exactly Am I Rendering: Track Consolidation & Mixer Rendering Routing

Hi all,

I think this could be documented in the manual a little bit more, and I haven't ever really needed to go further beyond playlist track consolidation for my patterns, or rendering from an armed mixer track if I'm doing something with a plugin like VocAlign where printing the results of the plugin is necessary.

So I've done both ways a couple of times, and I'm still a bit lost on one part.

If I consolidate from the playlist (I typically do so while bypassing all effects in the rendering menu), what is the exact signal path taken to render my results? Based on a few quick tests I did, it looks like a dry signal will pass through all linked tracks and out to the master, taking in any functions made prefader, as well as panning, level, mono-making, etc. that I've done.

Rendering with the mixer, there's no option to disable effects, and it again takes it all those changes.

Is there a way to just bounce a track dry, straight out without cloning it somewhere new - typical to another DAWs freeze/print functions?

i.e. You can see I've selected the "Pianos Wide" track in my mixer. For Track Consolidation, I can bypass the effects, but it still goes and gets the addition volume that is added via it's linked send that's docked to the right side. So when I print that, it'll be louder than it was before, and I'll get more reverb than before as well as a result.

If I render the mixer track, everything will come in, including mix bus processing, into just one track. So that's obviously no good.

Anything I can do here that I'm missing besides cloning to a direct out? I feel like this one has been on to-do for a while?

Thanks,
Nathan.

EDIT: I've also attached a screenshot of the test which is colored purple and named accordingly. I think it's pretty easy to see that not being able to bounce completely dry is a problem, no?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”