Share your Patcher presets here

Return to “Patcher - Presets”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
boxspring6
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:44 am

x

'Boards Of Janitors' - a lo-fi warbly cassette Patcher effect

Hi,

I made this Patcher effect to try and create a lo-fi, random'y, warbly Boards Of Canada vibe ("Janitor" was about the closet rhyme I could think of, especially if said by a grizzled old New York'r).

Hadn't planned on fully implementing a GUI and posting it, but then I got an idea for the interface that I thought was fun.

Linking a variety of very simple, rough-sketch music examples below just as points of reference. They all have it on the Master Buss, but obv could work well on a single insert. Each example starts with the effect bypassed and then engaged as it loops around.

I've found the controls to be fairly interdependent, and I recommend playing about with them to see how they might react to each other (esp depending on the timbre they're being fed). The naming of said controls may feel off-base to your ears, but I called them what they made me think of while fiddling.

Vimeo link is a 2 min vid of me demoing the controls as a loop plays so you can see/hear it in action. (I tried to post the vid inline here, but it didnt have sound? Operator error perhaps?)
https://vimeo.com/521671768

Def could use more finessing (seeing Francesco Rossini's robust and wonderful RC-20 Retro clone that he posted a few days ago already gave me more ideas! Very well done!), but for now it is what is.

Hopefully someone's finds Boards Of Janitors cool/helpful/inspiring/amusing.

Cheers,
- bx6

ps - was stable and performed well on my end. hopefully yours too.
pps - oh yeah, there's no balance control, it's always full wet the way I implemented it. a balance control was introducing some phasing issues. :/
Attachments
Boards-Of-Janitors_LoFi-Cassette_bx6.fst
(264.77 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 5.18.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 5.18.28 PM.png (221.05 KiB) Viewed 6398 times
--:-- / --:--

Return to “Patcher - Presets”