Premium HD Plugin Browser - Concept in After Effects

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
jssjr90
Sat May 20, 2023 4:04 am

x

Premium HD Plugin Browser - Concept in After Effects

For too long, DAW users have been stifled with small text browsers, or tiny thumb nail browsers for their plugin collections. In the past 2 years, plugin and DAW developers have been upscaling their systems too 4k. Wouldn't it be great to browse your plugin collection as if you was browsing for a new car in a Gran Turismo game? I know I can't be the only one. I developed a concept idea with After Effects. Image Line is known for being visual eye candy in their DAW and plugins. Lets give the plugin picker a proper facelift Image Line, full HD. Even if a plugin was small in resolution, just enable upscaling.

I think it would be great to structure the arcutecture to be customizable through config files. Have the users able to structure anyway they want, 3 category folders deep if they wanted. They would able to name the 1st, 2nd, ect category tier list in a config file (Along with picking a backround mask picture per title catagory as shown), along with text of the company, title, and description if they wanted too.

The process of picking a plugin to be displayed in this database would be like "Add plugin to database", except it would have a new entry under that "Add plugin to Plugin Browser" or something like that, it would be completely separate browser, that way people would have the best of both worlds.

What do you guys think? I believe this is the next step for DAWs.

Return to “To Do”