What's in store for FL's Performance mode?..

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Meat Lightning
Thu May 25, 2023 6:09 pm

x

What's in store for FL's Performance mode?..

hey there 👋

recognizing that IL is likely wary of publicly sharing upcoming / unreleased features and development plans, i'm hoping to get a general understanding of the future of FL's performance mode. i'm working with a numbers of performers to help them set up backing tracks and performance rigs. i've been ramping up on the current performance mode feature set and have run into a series of questions and apparent limitations:
while a portion of these can be filed as "user error", imho there are also quite a few points illustrating under-supported use-cases and / or opportunities to improve the current ux. at the risk of oversimplifying, i'd categorize it as the tension / difference between live EDM vs. backing tracks for more traditional bands vs. live loopers of all stripes. FL's performance mode seems to cater mostly to the former - folks making exclusively electronic music interacting with a grid / pad controller (e.g. novation launchpad and similar) or directly via the laptop. it seems support for other performance types (and controller types) isn't at the same level - though seemingly well within reach of parity.

to that end, can anyone at IL comment on to what extent we can expect performance mode to be improved over the next development cycles? as you can imagine, there's a fair amount of investment that goes into selecting and building out a live performance toolkit. the prevailing wisdom at the moment is that Ableton Live is the best (and really only) option for live performance. for admittedly selfish reasons (FL is my fav DAW for creation), i'd love to be able to get more performers into FL.

thanks!

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”