Where is the logic in deprecating TS404 while keeping Fruity Dance ?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Carbinax
Sat May 27, 2023 10:19 pm

x

Where is the logic in deprecating TS404 while keeping Fruity Dance ?

I revisited an older track, because I wanted to update it...............but for some reason, TS404 has been deprecated.
I used that TS404 extensively in this track, and although I can hear the engine, I cannot edit the sound.

Why ??

It wasn't cpu hungry in terms of size, or usage.

And why was the completely ridiculous Fruity Dance not deprecated instead ?

It wasn't just the sound that I can't go back and tweak. I spent a lot of time automating the cutoff, rez etc which you can see in the screenshot below ......but you just took it away, and screwed up my track !!
I used FIVE instances of TS-404 in this track.

deprecated ts404.png

Sure, I can save the midi as a score. I can save the fx settings as presets, but that takes a whole heap of time, and the thing that aggravates me is that you completely nerfed a musical tool that I, and i'm sure, hundreds of thousands. if not millions, of other users, had used in their tracks, WHILST LEAVING THE UTTERLY USELESS FRUITY DANCE INTACT !! A vst potato would be of more use !!

It also undermines any confidence in using other native plugins. Will you just suddenly and arbitrarily nerf Wave Traveller, or Fruity Slicer for instance ??

I bought a ton of 3rd party VSTs over the years and don't rely on FL stock plugins anymore, but I'll leave you with this hypothetical situation............ imagine the scenerio Imageline, where someone makes it big with a track and it could potentially make them a lot of money, but they need to fix an issue with the sound, and they load the data file only to find they can no longer access the generator.................

At least they can console themselves by making a 2 inch sprite dance, and they can throw biscuits at the screen to show their appreciation ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”