Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
BinaryBorn
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:19 am

x

Granulizer

Hello everyone!

It's been confirmed that Granulizer is coming to Patcher. Which I interpret as "Image-Line is rewriting Granulizer". Now, I don't know if I'm already late to the party, but I'd like to suggest some improvements:
  • Grains
    • Creation rate - the option to set the rate (at which grains are created) in ms, tempo-synced and in note frequency
    • Creation rate kb tracking - option to link "creation rate" value to note value (centered at C5, so playing a C6 would double the rate, a C4 half it etc)¹
    • Playback speed - the option to set the grain's playback speed in percent (100% meaning normal playback speed)
    • Playback speed kb tracking - option to link "playback speed" to note value¹
  • Grain LAR envelope
    • knobs for grain length, attack and release
    • Absolute/relative envelope - the option to switch between absolute in ms values and relative to play rate percentages for LAR
    • Attack/release length links - the options to link attack length and/or attack position to velocity and release length to note release
  • Origin
    • Start position knob - where in the sample the origin initially lies
    • Advance speed - how fast the origin advances with option to set it in absolute (ms/ms) and relative (grain length % per created grain)
    • Advance speed kb tracking - option to link "advance speed" to note value¹
    • Origin offset envelope - an envelope editior for origin offset that adds to start position + advance¹
  • Global envelope
    • ADSR envelope for velocity as we know it from other synths (e.g. Sytrus)
    • Attack/release length links - here too: the options to link attack length and/or attack position to velocity and release length to note release
    • Global all-purpose envelope (see below)
  • Modulation matrix
    • A modulation matrix where you could bind different note properties and/or global values (e.g. all-purpose envelope or some macro knobs) to all other generator knobs
    • All ideas above marked with ¹ could also be implemented in the mod matrix instead
I know it's a lot. If the ideas in bold would make it, that be great. But if every single one makes it, that would be fantastic!

Edit
Changed some words to make things hopefully even clearer
Last edited by BinaryBorn on Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

nucleon
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:04 pm

x

Re: Granulizer

Yes something like this would be great.

D3Mens
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:23 pm

x

And above everything... Grain hold starting fro...

BinaryBorn
Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:16 pm

x

D3Mens wrote: And above everything... Grain hol...

Last bumped by BinaryBorn on Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:16 pm.

Return to “To Do”