Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Crst
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:25 pm

x

Problems with Alesis Nitro Mesh Kit

Hi!

I have a problem regarding an Alesis Nitro Mesh Kit and i'd like to ask for your help.
Since it has no drivers, i just plugged it in my laptop (running on Windows 10), assigned a port to both midi input and midi output (same ports, later retried with different ports), enabled the device and used it as a (generic controller). The indicator in the upper left corner displayed that there's actual input any time i hit any of the drums, yet the VST i'm trying to use did not make any sound. At first i tried to use the controller with an external VST (Extintion Level Event). It did not receive any input (the indicator still displayed that it registered the input). Then i tried an internal VST, namingly FPC, FL Keys and Ibanez Bass DirectWave. The same thing happened. In the external VST-t detailed settings i tried to assign the midi input and output to be the same as in the midi options, tested it, still nothing. Then i reset the detailed settings port mappings to '---'. After that on the channel rack i right-clicked on the instrument and gave it a Receive notes from... Alesis Nitro Mesh Kit option (the same as it appears in the Midi Settings), it still didn't work. After that i looked trough the piano roll while hitting the drums randomly to see if its just mapped incorrectly. No note displayed any input.

I've read that Google Chrome can cause some issues, so i turned it off. Tried the above mentioned again, no luck.
Also i'm using a secondary device as an audio interface with its own driver (Behringer UMC 404 HD and UMC Control Panel) i tried without it too, still no luck.
I have a Novation FL Key Mini and an Arturia Keylabs Essential - they worked just fine with the same Midi Settings in with both internal and external softwares (different ports though).

I also tried restarting FL Studio, the pc, replug and restart the Mesh Kit it made no difference.

I'm using the Producer Edition v21.0.3 (build 3517) and the global Enable Midi remote control, output and master sync was turned on in all occasions.

Maybe i'm missing something? I'll appreciate any help in advance.

Daniel
Last edited by Crst on Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HDSQ
Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:05 pm

x

Re: Problems with Alesis Nitro Mesh Kit

Hey, sorry to hear this is happening. Thanks fo...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”