Bug: Overwritten project

Support, Project sharing, Discussion and more...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”

Forum rules
Asking for help? WE NEED DETAILS: problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:
  1. Specific information - a) FL Studio Mobile version number, b) What you are doing and what happens exactly, c) Step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots / Videos - Both great way to demonstrate issues. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. Did you read the manual? - In FL Studio Mobile tap - Help > Manual. See it here.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.
NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Lil pep
Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:37 pm

x

Bug: Overwritten project

Hello,
I just had the most frustrating thing happen and would love to know if there’s a way to fix it. :cry: :oops:

So, I was working on a project (Project A) and one of the Audiobus instruments crushed, so I decided to switch to another song altogether (Project B) and work on that one instead.

1) I clicked on the name of Project B in the file manager, it started loading but crushed.
2) I reloaded Fl mobile and it loaded with Project A again as default. I tried couple of times to load Project B From the file manager but it kept crushing, exiting the program and then loading Project A on start up by default. At one point while trying to load Project B I clicked to save changes to Project A so it won’t discard them.
3) I restarted my iPad completely, opened Fl Mobile, opened Project B - this time it did open but it was Project A instead! I double checked couple of times and there was no mistake - Fl mobile somehow overwritten Project A onto Project B.

For this to happen I would have to manually change the name of Project A to the exact name of Project B and overwrite it. However, they have long complicated names that are in no way similar so It excludes the possibility.

I am devastated as the Project B contained an improv recording I won’t be able to recreate no matter what.

Is there a way to restore Project B? How on earth did this happen? What kind of bug is this?

This is the first time a thing like this ever happened to me in years of using FL mobile.
I have the latest update and am using IPad pro (2016). Project A had many instruments so one would crush from time to time, but project B was quite small, so never had problems with it.

maxklint
Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:59 am

x

Re: Bug: Overwritten project

I am very sorry. I think we need to add project...

Lil pep
Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:27 am

x

maxklint wrote: I am very sorry. I think we nee...

maxklint
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:34 pm

x

Do you still have the broken recent.state file ...

Lil pep
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:20 am

x

maxklint wrote: ↑Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:34 pm Do yo...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

maxklint
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:31 pm

x

This one loads fine. I hope this will not happe...

Lil pep
Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:35 am

x

Just dropping in to say that this keeps happeni...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”