Too much scrolling in General Options, please sort by importance, not alphabetically

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
D3Mens
Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:42 am

x

Too much scrolling in General Options, please sort by importance, not alphabetically

I'm not bothered by the amount of options, I want more of them!

The current problem is the fact that options that are commonly changed on a per project basis (or even multiple times during a project session) are at the bottom of the page, and to reach them you have to scroll so much, each and every time.

Why is the first section the DISPLAY section? This should be placed at the bottom.
LANGUAGE, INPUT... How many times do we need to change these? Once setup they are useless and should be hidden somewhere else.

The most important are definitely the MISCELLANEOUS which should be placed as first and renamed to something more meaningful...WORKFLOW?

Usually options are sorted by importance... not alphabetically (see what does Ableton, see what FL does in every drop down menu, entries are sorted by importance)

Please make the options window better.
The choice about spreading them vertically was just for a sense of GUI cleanliness but in terms of usability is very annoying.
Collapsible sections are not even remembered so each time you close and open the window those get reset.

I know this sorting order was there since ever but untill now the options were all visibile on one page. That's why alphabetical sorting wasn't an issue.

If you want your option to look like are now (spread vertically +infinite scrolling)
Then now alphabetically sorting is definitely an issue.

Thank god that wikipedia has a search function, otherwise we'd have to manually scroll from A to Z to reach zebra. :mrgreen:

Hope you'll take care of this issue soon.

Thank you

Return to “To Do”