Speed Up "Missing Samples" Searches By Using the New Browser's Cache

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
NextDAW
Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:00 pm

x

Speed Up "Missing Samples" Searches By Using the New Browser's Cache

Please allow the missing samples search to access the stored browser search cache to speed up the process of locating and loading the samples.

Typical user case scenario:

I have migrated my installation, including my FLS User data folder and Sample Packs to a new device. The relative paths remain the same, however, the drive number has changed from D:\ (on my previous device) to E:\ (on my new device)

I know that it's easy for users to manually change drive letters, but I am reluctant to do this on my new device, since D:\ is set as the "System Reserved" drive and I wish to avoid changing that to prevent potential system instability issues.

Because all the samples in my previous project .flp files were saved using the path: D:\Packs\... projects are now taking much longer to open, since my samples are now located under E:\Packs\... which then elicits the "Missing Files" protocol, which is still using the older (and slower) search extra folders method every time, instead of taking advantage of the much faster new search browser cache method.

I am aware that once each project has been loaded under the new file path, subsequent loads are quick again. But I have loads (hundreds) of projects saved from my previous device. It would save so much time if the file search method could be universal throughout the DAW and not just confined to the browser only. Could you please allow DAW-wide access to the browser cache?

Thank you.

Return to “To Do”