Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Sam HP
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:20 pm

x

Pressing 'R' opens recording dialogue box every time

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this as ever since I updated to the latest FL Studio 21, pressing 'R' to record my audio on the playlist opens up the dialogue box every time I press it instead of arming to record like it did before? I understand that the very first time you record something it will open up the dialogue box to specify what you are recording, but usually that's it and you can punch in audio quickly by pressing 'R' afterwards & whilst playing track for overdubs etc but now it's just opening up every time I press it even if I have already specified it's audio I'm recording and my track is armed.

This feature also makes no sense to me as if I have already armed my audio track to record, it should know I want to record audio from that track automatically? Also as a side note, having to specifically be highlighted on the track you want to record in the mixer as well is very unnecessary and inefficient in my opinion, especially with these new features to record audio tracks from the playlist - I thought that was the whole point?! To make it so that you can quickly record audio from the playlist only? With all of these extra steps, I feel like it kind of makes the whole playlist recording thing obsolete, if I have to do all the steps I had to before the update to record anyway.

Apologies for the rant, but given how long I've waited for Image Line to update their recording workflow and now having even more problems than before makes this even more frustrating & makes me want to go back to Pro Tools! :?

shroomhead_one
Content Creator
Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:41 am

x

Re: Pressing 'R' opens recording dialogue box every time

There is a "Don't ask this in the future" optio...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”