Any recommendations for a 64 pad controller for FL?

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Shaloxeroligon
Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:42 pm

x

Any recommendations for a 64 pad controller for FL?

Hello,

I have historically been a huge fan of the Launchpad Pro (I have the Mk1 version). However, it has been, at best, fiddly to connect to FL studio. It requires a custom script to be even able to function with FL, and that script doesn't have the same native functionality as the Pro. Like, it's basically rebuilt the Pro's engine from the ground up, but FL-compatible, and with fewer features.

So I've considered the Launchpad Pro Mk3, in the hopes that it has better support, because it's a newer controller. But it sounds like it ALSO isn't well supported by FL. There isn't even a reference page for it on the MIDI Controller list on this forum.

So I come here to ask a question: what is my alternative? I mainly use my Pro Mk1 as a MIDI note controller for playing generator plugins (I don't use the clip triggering mode because I found it hard to use). And I really enjoy being able to play instruments with a grid controller; it's a lot of fun, and I've gotten pretty good at it. So what I'd need is a 64-pad controller that has velocity-sensitive pads, with each row separated by 4ths, that can easily integrate into FL Studio. Bonus points if it's small/sturdy enough to fit in a backpack without a case. Does such a controller exist? If so, what is it?

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”