Has anyone gotten the Launchpad Pro Mk3 (Pro X) to work with FL20 or FL21?

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
iamfaraday
Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:24 pm

x

Has anyone gotten the Launchpad Pro Mk3 (Pro X) to work with FL20 or FL21?

I bought the Launchpad Pro Mk3 (Pro X) at the beginning of the year because of the introduction of chord mode. I felt this would be a really great tool for me to use to help my style of writing music and additionally I also wanted to incorporate the Launchpad into doing live sets. This was apparently a huge mistake.

To this day I have not found a single method of getting full functionality out of this device in FL Studio. If I set it up it as recommended by Novation, as a "generic controller", it only allows me to use note mode, chord mode, and a few other things that mostly could be done with a basic midi keyboard.

The most major problem is the "session" (performance) mode not working, along with other aspects of the device for controlling the DAW (basically all the keys on the right and left sides). So far, I have tried using the script found on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1994&t=228184 but it does not give real functionality because I believe the script was created for the Pro Mk2 and does not properly take into account the new/different buttons on the Mk3.

While that script does get the session mode to work in FL Studio like it does in Ableton, it also removes functionality for every other aspect of the device. As soon as I hit the "play" or "record" buttons, the Launchpad goes back to the generic controller mode where I can't use session mode + others. On the flip side, when session mode is active via the script, 90% of the other buttons are blacked out/unusable. If I do hit something that sends it into generic controller mode again, I have to open the "midi settings" window and then set the controller type to generic and back to the script EACH TIME to get session mode to reengage.

It should go without saying, but I don't want to have to buy and use Ableton just to use this device. I'm starting to think I probably should've returned it :cry:

Has anyone found a surefire way to get this fully functional without having to use Ableton? Am I missing a new version of the script that someone has posted on this forum? HELP!

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”