[Feature Suggection] Edit All Common Parameters

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ShaneNewville
Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:11 pm

x

[Feature Suggection] Edit All Common Parameters

Something lovely that I'd love to see come to FL is the ability to edit all common parameters for all selected samples, audio clips, native plugins, and wrapper settings (where applicable)

The ability to select multiple things in the Channel rack and be able to edit common settings for the selection.
Maybe only for the Sample Settings & Miscellaneous tab + changing Root Note, Cut Groups, Time, etc
This might not work so well for the Envelope tab as that seems more "personal", but i don't know.
ScreenShot715.jpg
Currently when we click into a Sample Settings window we will lose our selection in the Channel rack (and for good reason)
What might be a good way to implement this?

One idea might be to add a toggle at the top of Sample Settings to enabled edit all common. (but make it more aesthetically pleasing that my hideous mockup)
ScreenShot718.jpg
Once enabled, maybe to avoid mishaps everything will still function as normal, but the only difference would be:
- when we click into the Sample Settings window, we would no longer lose our selection of multiple samples, audio clips, plugin wrappers, etc. in channel rack
- we might hold Shift while we edit anything, in order to edit applicable common parameters (Shift seems to be unused and available when it comes to parameters)
- when we edit a parameter, it would still work like normal unless we hold the modifier key
- If it is not a common parameter for some, it would still edit any that do have it in common.
- If it is the only one with the parameter, it will only edit that one like normal.

If this is already a feature, I'm unaware of it. Please enlighten me if it is. We can do this in other DAWs. It would be cool to be able to do it in FL too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”