21.3 beta new browser features bug/suggestions

It's in development so expect the unexpected!

Return to “FL Studio Beta & Release Candidate Testing”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Trancit
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:59 am

x

21.3 beta new browser features bug/suggestions

Hi there,

first, thx very much for bringing the browser preview onto the next level...

I noticed though a (for me) misbehaviour with the new browser features...:
When I preview tempo embbeded loops with running sequencer, sync and loop enabled, the file where I enabled "Disable/enable looped playback" does loop, but switching to a new file doesn´t even if the loop button stays lit...

Second some suggestion you might consider for the future...
I have no clue what´s hard or perhaps even impossible to realize, just some things I collected from my experience with other DAWs:

1. Please make the new preview options available for files with no infomation embbeded as well...
Even if something doesn´t contain any embbeded information it´s often helpful anyway to be able to loop the file at it´s end point...

2. "Auto loop" Ableton has a quite nice implementation that short files (less than a bar) will never auto loop but files of 1 bar and above do...
This works astonishing well and even if many "this shall not loop" files would be included with such a simple rule (i.e. longer FX crashes, Impacts, Drones etc...) it´s actually very rarely distracting as those files do have often a file length which I personally don´t preview completely and even if something loops after 4 or 8 bars it´s not really a problem...
On top could be such a feature set up as an option... and of course user change overwrites all "auto" intentions... I found this nonetheless very very helpful in Ableton...

3. Tempo detection... No matter what you plan in terms of automatic tempo (perhaps key) recognition in future:
Please let always the text information in the file name have the last word...
There are so many files out there which in every DAW are detected wrong because of having i.e. an FX tail or whatever...

The only browser I found which nails it is the one from Bitwig because they use the filename as the final check...
They have of course an automatic detection included but this result gets always compared to eventually found predetermined text information of the file name and if it doesn´t match the browser assumes the text information as correct and uses these parameters for the tempo...
Best implementation which really nails it to 100% on many files detected wrong in other browsers i.e. because of wrong multiplier (i.e. 60bpm instead of the correct 120bpm), fx tails, strong humanizing etc... provided that the filename is correct... but even if there is perhaps a wrong tempo info in 1% of the files... easy peasy to change this...

Thx for reading... and perhaps even considering... 8)

Return to “FL Studio Beta & Release Candidate Testing”