FL 22 Wishlist

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
AZARYA
Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:14 pm

x

FL 22 Wishlist

Hope this is the correct channel to post this in.

Been a user since FL Studio 3 when I was really young, now I'm 35 as a professional artist, producer and audio engineer. From experience with FL and other DAWs, here's my wishlist and suggestions for the next major update later on (FL Studio 22). If you want to hear from a producer's take, since every major update of FL is a whole new program anyways, I suggest overhauling some things.

Sampling and stretching and slicing are a huge thing I do, been using Bitwig recently and am amazed how the samples are predicted in terms of stretching and BPM detection, along with warping and moving cuts around. The way I do it in FL is all manual in the playlist, I'm experienced enough to make it work but it can sometimes be grueling, but there is so much potential for improvements and ease.

For example the audio engine. By integrating Edison, Newtime, Slicex into the playlist, not as separate plugins where you have to keep dragging samples back and forth. Newtime predicted this loop I'm testing out at 81bpm, and I'm working in the dark here without a metronome or hearing the rest of my project, then blindly trusting the grids I lock it into, I drag it into Slicex, and now it reads as 121bpm??? It really makes only Edison sometimes useful and the rest obsolete, and I barely use Edison since I perfer dragging stuff into the playlist. So far FL 21 adding the playlist options of fading, gaining, stretching are amazing and are in the right direction.

I also recommend a cache option where you can set it to how much space you want to use. Right clicking on clips to make "unique" and "unique as sample" options is a hassle that always makes a ton of separate audio clips and it gets messy. Having a cache system will let you worry less, and then if you want to save anything particular like the specific cut you made, have it available. Then you could easily clear the cache or browse it in it with a button in the menus. My buddy was bragging about Ableton, how you can make chops and manipulate individual samples radically if you wanted while having it clean in the workspace. Also expanding shortcut options by making them customizable as well, where I can hit the keyboard to perform all my desired options in the playlist, like duplicating, reversing a sample, etc.

Also please get rid of the "Edit events" all together, it's too primative. Just use automation clips, and expand on that with all the options to CTRL click, delete, copy, smooth out points, but inside the playlist by holding a keybind to access it, since I would like to see what I'm doing to the points in realtime with the rest of the project rather than opening up another window. Have live midi recording options such as looping a section and recording takes of either midi controls, keys, recording audio like a vocalist. The recording options are the most clumsiest things about FL compared to other DAWs and needs to be improved.

For automating tools, all I got to work with is peak controller, maybe create more advanced toolset similar to XFER's LFO Tools, adding more evelope, LFO, osc, custom drawn options, timing (speeds), setting as sidechaining, transient detectors, detecting signals that can be sent somewhere, harmonics tools, and any parameters where I can go further into detail how I want to automate something else, even within a 3rd party VST. Having more options like these would greatly benefit patcher as well. Also please add more advanced filter plugins, using Fruity Free Filter is primitive nowadays, where you can set types like LP, SVF, HP, BP, Notches, etc.

This is all I can think of now.

Vincent Zauhar
Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:10 pm

x

Re: FL 22 Wishlist

AZARYA wrote: ↑Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:14 pm Hope th...

ntx13
Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:36 am

x

It would be nice indeed if pattern events could...

SirHissBristol
Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:09 am

x

Adding some sort of I/O utility should be a pri...

oliqlio
Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:37 pm

x

Agreed totally! I feel audio editing now cumber...

Oceans On Fire
Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:32 pm

x

Awesome initiative! I didn't read through all t...

Michael Dow
Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:10 pm

x

Event editor is crucial for recording automatio...

Blaeh
Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:16 am

x

Michael Dow wrote: ↑Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:10 pm E...

Vincent Zauhar
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:54 pm

x

Michael Dow wrote: ↑Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:10 pm E...

Return to “To Do”