Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2 is NOT fully backwards compatible! FAQ is wrong + PROOF + Support sucks!

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Caine
Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 am

x

Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2 is NOT fully backwards compatible! FAQ is wrong + PROOF + Support sucks!

hi guys, so i wrote with Spectrasonics' support on and on and it gets now tedious is just bad.... i proved them that Omnisphere 2 has BIG backwards compatibility issues and they tell me always something different, i proved them with videos that something is wrong. also that their LEgacy Granular option is also not correct. and another issue with Waveshaping presets that these often sound different. then they tell me the settings are different in my project, BUT I GOT THE SAME PROJECT loaded with omni 1 and 2 UNALTERED how can the settings be different, i also showed them the video and sent the project file. it gets annoying to the point that i think they try to not commit the issues.

Waveshaper
Omni1
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3k4l8u2u ... yismk&dl=0

Omni2
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qz1u6za6 ... w3fp1&dl=0

Granular
Omni1
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fis6pcxh ... eeqb3&dl=0

Omni2
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3nd25hli ... y2kou&dl=0

i switched off all the external effects in Granular example cause of crappy IKM, so not the white noise comes in always (i deleted these shit plugins, replaced them) cause i cannot authorize the old versions anymore.

so you hear these are different sounding, i think i need to move on, im so disappointed by Spectrasonics' support that they are relly unprofessional and dont provide solutions and dont answer to my direct questions and proven problems.

a warning to everyone having old presets/projects! these are only 2 examples, they also change in the choir section some patches and renamed them, so if your choir sounds different you need to replace it with another choir soundsource, i found that out by accident myself. really bad!

EDIT (i posted this on another forum where i replied in this topic and others too)
for anyone not wanting to scroll through the topic, here is the latest update

UPDATE, now i can confirm Spectrasonics support is some kind of automatic replies or a bot or the one i wrote doesnt give a crap, as he never answers my questions correctly, he still didnt answer how i can adjust the WAVESHAPING settings in Omnisphere 2 when omnisphere 2 has more settings than 1. he said one time to adjust the settings to the same as Omnisphere 1 of the SAME preset :D Oh my!? they clearly play around with me i guess.

the response after i sent them the original project file of one ot the preset problem which they can open themselves

"Thank for that project file.

What I was hoping to get if possible, would actually be the two different versions of the patch – one from Omnisphere 1, and one from Omnisphere 2.

I can do a side-by-side comparison of the changes that occurred in the interface that are causing the different sounds.

From the videos, the sound is different, however, after our team testing your previous patches, they found that there were modifications made to the patch between the one used for Omnisphere 1 to the one that was opening in Omnisphere 2. Once the patch settings were matched, the sound was the same.

I can test the patches if you have the same one from each version of Omnisphere and try and identify which parameter changes account for the difference.

Thanks,
"

so yeah their support sucks, i bought everything from Spectrasonics but this clearly is a piss poor performance. i get template responses without any logic at all. i sent them the projects the prests of Omnisphere 1 and 2 (i only opened omnisphere 1 on my notebook and omnisphere 2 on my pc with the same project file! unaltered) i send them pics and videos. and they still send me such bullshit and i asked them already these in the whole mails.
1. if they send me automatic premade replies?
2. why they cannot open the project themselves with omnisphere 1 and 2?
3. how my patch can be different when i just re-saved the patches unaltered?
4. how they ignore my 2 videos?
5. how they can ignore my pictures where i made side by side comparisons (their job)?

they said for a 3rd example (not posted here) Omnisphere 2 has different REDUCER settings
Omni1

Omni2

i asked them ok, where can you see the REDUCER settings in Omnisphere 1? :D
no reply on this.
You see that Omni1 has Depth, Mix, OSC and Gain, they are the same (OF COURSE!) in Omni2 . so where is the REDUCER setting in Omni1 ? :D where does he see the REDUCER setting is different when there is none?

you know what this is bullshit!

this is what i mean, the same shit they tell me about GRANULAR Problems, that something is different in the Granular showcase and nothing is different in the settings.
they tell me hey this is an apple and i say, no this is an orange, no this is an apple.

so no i dont expect anything so old and years ago to be 100% fully compatible but as ZVENX pointed out DONT STATE THIS ON YOUR FAQ and DONT say something which isnt true.

FAQ from Spectrasonics
When opening older projects which use sounds from Omnisphere 1, will they load the same?
Absolutely - it is still Omnisphere! Version 2 is fully backwards compatible with version 1 projects.

Will custom saved patches/multis be negatively affected when upgrading to Omnisphere 2?
No. They will open and operate the same as always.

Will third party patches be negatively affected when upgrading to Omnisphere 2?
No. All third-party Omnisphere v1 libraries are fully compatible with Omnisphere 2.

------------------------
Prove me wrong, if i did a mistake or DONT see that there is really a different setting hey im saying sorry but if not i proved this is incorrect what they state and dont show efforts at all. i hit a weak spot and showcased them that i found issues and that Omnisphere 2 IS NOT fully backwards compatible so they seem to try to just piss me off i guess. and for this SUPPORT should be there, saying "hey customer this and that setting is incorrect, adjust it like that" and not telling me a setting which isnt there lol and checking themselves why their plugin is acting incorrectly.

so yeah 3 warnings to everyone:

1. OMNISPHERE 2 is NOT fully backwards compatible - Spectrasonics clearly is incorrect, fake NEWS! lol

2. their support sucks for this case

3. do export STEMS and dont expect point 1. and dont expect help from support.

if somebody says im trolling, check the facts. as a customer i found issues with facts where a company states wrong facts.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”