Ghost Note transpose

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
jesussaddle
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:48 pm

x

Ghost Note transpose

In my DAW use I always use ghosting when available.

In regards to FL Studio though I'm guessing that there isn't yet an update to the ghosting features although I haven't got a beta running. So I imagine it's still true that there isn't a way to turn off ghostings for percussion channels in the channel rack.

As always, one can create new patterns to use for composing (not playback), that have the elements in the right positions (and don't have percussion) to be useful for ghosting and its' composition workflows.

But should ghosting management be implemented one nice addition would be to transpose the ghost of a channel.

For example unless you have 20/10 vision, it helps to transpose the treble part into the bass range because you can see it better and work faster when it shares the octave that you're working in.

Again, you can do this now, by creating a pattern that's just for ghosting (not for audio playback) and compose bass in that pattern using the treble instruments transposed into the bass range, to use it's ghosted notes. Then copy the parts created in that pattern to the one meant for playback.

But I think if there's a ghosting management feature, then the ability to (ideally from within the piano roll) transpose the ghosts (rather than the actual notes) is ideal. For example in ghosting management in Reaper one can turn on and off the tracks that appear in the ghosting. A little up/down next to each available channel in this GUI should allow for transposing the ghosts of the notes of that channel (not the notes but just the ghosts).

Return to “To Do”