e-kit and cymbal choking

Support, Project sharing, Discussion and more...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”

Forum rules
Asking for help? WE NEED DETAILS: problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:
  1. Specific information - a) FL Studio Mobile version number, b) What you are doing and what happens exactly, c) Step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots / Videos - Both great way to demonstrate issues. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. Did you read the manual? - In FL Studio Mobile tap - Help > Manual. See it here.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.
NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
kgingeri
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:21 am

x

e-kit and cymbal choking

Hey Anyone,

I have my cheap e-kit (TDX-16 equiv) connected to my iPad running FLSM. It actually all works great. I even have the Hat pedal working to cut out the open hat, using cut groups.

However cymbal choke remains elusive. When choking the cymbal physically, my kit puts out the same MIDI note as when striking the cymbal, but with Velocity 0 (zero). So to be clear, It's not a CC value for after touch or another note value, but the same MIDI note value with velocity zero.
When I try to use choking while playing, nothing happens. The cymbal sound rings on as usual even tho I see the zero value come up in my Midi Wrench app. It's like FLSM is ignoring MIDI notes with velocity zero - is that possible? Otherwise, would it not shut down the sound, if in progress?

I cannot adjust anything in this cheap kit, so I need to rely on FLSM to do this.

maxklint
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:29 am

x

Re: e-kit and cymbal choking

'Note On' with velocity 0 instead of 'Note Off'...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”