Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
N_K
Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:34 pm

x

Re: This will change everything

donkeytugger wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:35 pm
A couple of observations/comments from that.

Thinking that if we do get to that stage where this stuff becomes truly 'creative' (which is of course a debate in its own right as to what that is...) and starts to develop new and compelling forms of music, rather than regurgitate, then is that not a sign that it's passed the 'Turing Test' and is indeed 'sentient' to all extents and purposes? I'm no expert of course.

[...]
Not sure (and I'm not an expert either - more of a sci-fi enthusiast trying to keep up).

ChatGPT 4 apparently passed a Turing test ( https://humsci.stanford.edu/feature/stu ... nly-better ) and the general consensus is that ChatGPT is not sentient.
I suspect that complex emergent behavior resulting in things which seem novel to humans will be a similar case.

Again, not sure where to draw the lines. For now I lean to the side of machine intelligences being far from the point of being assigned humanlike (or even animal-like) rights, for example. But within next few decades, I expect them to exhibit a quality of intelligence of their own.

What will be interesting is if/when some attempt at AGI will break out of its own boundaries (try to jump into another datacenter or something like that) and start doing things to ensure its own survival.

Related to that, here's some speculative fiction for the conspiracy-minded fellows: Bitcoin may contain a rogue AI. It got people by their weakest mental links - greed and short-sighted faith in money - and convinced millions of easily led folks to provide hardware for it to "live" in. Now it siphons energy from the humankind and waits... for something.

donkeytugger wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:35 pm
[...]
Second, as you know I'm no sceptic of technology and modernism, but am concerned about the social and economic impacts of this, on us 'consumers'. Whilst I admire your optimism, the cynical pinko leftist in me only sees that markets will utilise this in one way; cut costs by cutting labour, and then pander to the lowest common denominator. Without going into full-on dialectical materialist mode :lol:, 'the piper calls the tune' one might say; the owners of the economic base (of the Ais in this case), will dictate the superstructure (the cultural artifacts generated thereof). I see no reason for a dominant class to suddenly come over all benevolent...but maybe I'm just old and jaded.. :shock:
In many places, I expect the situation to accelerate (as unfortunate as the implications are, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerationism ) towards a dystopian period, with some cultures remaining there for a long time. The era of robber barons, pseudo-communist dictatorships and 10+ hour workdays in factories is something of a comparison, at least in the moral dimension.

As it tends to be, some other cultures will choose different directions.

Here's an obvious prediction: Scandinavian countries will have the easiest time progressing into post-capitalist AI-powered states. Norway will be best-off, due to abundance of renewable energy and all the money they've accumulated from selling fossil fuels. Sweden will be mostly OK, still guided by their folkhemmet idea, while Iceland and Denmark will have some issues but eventually overcome them.

Somewhat related, Cyberpunk 2077 might be a fun play (or watch as "no commentary" playthroughs). As retrofuturistic satire, on some levels it reflects where we already are. For example, as far as I know, the reality in tech-driven megacities of the C-country is more-or-less dystopian cyberpunk.

Ra Logickin wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:05 am
[...] Meanwhile, I am just a hobbyist on making music, using that as a medium to express my feeling, so it has no point for me to seek inspirations through the models.
[...]
Here's a challenge: make a serious attempt at being more than a hobbyist in music (or visual arts, literature and so on). Then, after a few decades of that, tell what kind of feelings about humanity you'll end up with.

JLAB wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:12 am
[...]
Pets... Well... I appreciate the love and "loyalty". But like most mammals these things are users, they would abuse given the power/opportunity. Cats/Dogs. So if it wasn't for me being nice/comforting/grooming/treating, protecting them, sheltering and feeding. They wouldn't give a rats ass, probably just eat me.
[...]
The latter goes for people too, more-or-less.

"[...] Take away their creature comforts, deprive them of food, sleep, sonic showers, put their lives in jeopardy over an extended period of time and those same friendly, intelligent, wonderful people... will become as nasty and as violent as the most bloodthirsty Klingon." - Quark, Star Trek DS9 S7E8: "The Siege of AR-558"

JLAB wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:12 am
[...]
As you can see. I am tired.
Can't blame you, life does that. Hoping you can find some rest.

Olimpic
Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:12 pm

x

Trancit wrote: ↑Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:12 am I don...

cabbage man
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:13 am

x

donkeytugger wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:35 pm ...

ASUNDER
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:07 am

x

N_K wrote: ↑Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:34 pm ChatGPT 4 ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

J-&dre
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:25 am

x

AI. A progress we cannot stop. Will it muddy th...

ASUNDER
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:10 am

x

Trancit wrote: ↑Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:12 am I don...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pararealist
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:18 am

x

ASUNDER wrote: ↑Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:01 pm olath...

N_K
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:37 am

x

ASUNDER wrote: ↑Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:10 am [...]...

DjNotSo
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:50 pm

x

olatheswift wrote: ↑Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:34 pm I ...

jbarkerhill92
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:32 pm

x

ASUNDER wrote: ↑Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:10 am Tranc...

cosmothedon
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:44 pm

x

a,i is good an some people will enjoy swimming ...

THEosiris
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:09 pm

x

Jeez I'm old enough to remember the same argume...

cabbage man
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:27 pm

x

cosmothedon wrote: ↑Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:44 pm a,...

ASUNDER
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:47 am

x

THEosiris wrote: ↑Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:09 pm Jeez...

WilliamAshley
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:55 am

x

cabbage man wrote: ↑Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:13 am do...

ASUNDER
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:17 am

x

WilliamAshley wrote: ↑Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:55 am ...

pararealist
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:26 am

x

N_K wrote: ↑Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:14 am parareali...

WilliamAshley
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:33 am

x

I had ChatGPT make a summarized version for Asu...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”