[FEATURE REQUEST] WaveTraveller update, project file info tool and other suggestions

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Ryota Lore
Thu May 02, 2024 11:00 am

x

[FEATURE REQUEST] WaveTraveller update, project file info tool and other suggestions

The first thing that comes to mind (and the reason I decided to make this thread) is this: WaveTraveller is in serious need of some updating. I know this because I decided to add some scratches to a song I was making, and realized that the plugin's envelope hasn't caught up with the rest of FL Studio with regards ease-of-use.

It might not be a priority because relatively few people use it, but it could very well be that adding these updates would make more people start to use it again.

So, my list for WaveTraveller is:
  1. I think it's in desperate need of the new envelope editor. The functionalities that is, not the shapes. I think the current waveshaper shapes are fine, especially for the purpose of simulating scratching. (This could even be an opportunity to port the Bezier curve to the rest of FL Studio!)
  2. Port the envelope state options, perhaps to the note right-click menu.
  3. Add an option to reset a note to the default settings on a single-click.
  4. Make it so that copying and pasting doesn't require clicking on the notes to work. Perhaps, the notes would switch automatically when copy and paste are selected? As it stands now, one needs to manually click the note before copying, and manually click the target before pasting, otherwise it simply won't work.
  5. Fix bugs, like copy and paste sometimes not working properly, or sometimes causing a crash.
Alternatively, make a WaveTraveller 2 that is essentially Gross Beat the generator, perhaps for Producer Edition peeps like me. It could work as a demo/taste of its big brother... :mrgreen:

Second thing I'd like to see is an official tool for seeing what third-party plugins are contained in a project file (opened or otherwise), from within FL Studio. It should hopefully perform batch-processing and have the ability to print the output to a log file, as well. I do have access to a homemade tool for that purpose, but I'd still like to see an official version that could be more actively maintained.

Yes, I'm aware of the diagnostic tool. As far as I know, it can't batch process FL project files, and can't be accessed from within FL Studio... I may be wrong, though.

Third thing I'd like to see is a button that allows you to save a plugin's current state as default. As it stands now, one has to do it manually. I propose that this option search the plugin database and replaces all state files of the current plugin it finds with the new settings. Alternatively, make a folder called 'Defaults' and have the plugin prioritize loading its default state from that folder. Or, you do you, you're the devs after all. :D

Return to “To Do”