Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
KJinx101
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:30 pm

x

FL Studio Wrapper Project

This is something I'm working on. If it goes a little fast, perhaps pause to read if you'd like? Haha, it's only 5 mins anyways.
FL Artiwrapper V0.3 Demo.mp4
currently adds a crosshair, color selector convenience, pseudo expression maps for midi event editor and there's more in the works.

I'm planning a GUI to switch easily between different articulation-bar configurations, and a GUI to easily make more without having to edit the text/ini file as foreshadowed by the second tab in the beginning. Currently you can edit how many bars there are, the size ratio of the bars to each other [these are all 1:1:1:1...], the colors, and the text. The bars automatically resize with the midi editor panel. It's just an overlay, but I think it makes a huge difference in workflow.

The 3rd tab is for a way to quickly make naming presets for channels on the rack, in the playlist, and in the mixer. Also planning a way to switch out the presets text file so you can move between 'sets' of presets easily (for example if you're working on different genres or have presets you like for different kinds of projects.)

The 'Shortcuts' tab is supposed to be a no-code way of making shortcuts by mapping out actions like (click here, click this button, down arrow 5x,) etc, but that's a little ways off.

Of course since it's a little buggy as it's merely a wrapper and FL does often update, I'm a little hesitant to share, but I figured it may motivate others to take some more control or may even serve as a decent demo to give the devs some ideas 👀 I would love to code a plugin like BRSO, and still might, but most of the functionality I'm looking for does not lie in the bounds of what the FL studio API is capable of [given it's meant for plugin development]. (Automating midi out, adding a second 'screen' to the piano roll, prioritizing notes, adding crosshair, etc. to piano roll, playlist.) And everything would probably be just as clunky as it already is with how I'm doing this with autohotkey, html and javascript. (If not more). I really wanted to make this for the community and will share with whomever wants it, but it's not bug free by a long shot so I'm not going to promote it.

The thread the made me want to share
I add this because I love keyswitches. They're great for live performance and in great theory for editing, but because they have to be triggered before notes, and need to be present the whole time, they're not so great for editing. Being able to copy/paste, play them in etc, is great though which is why it would be great to keep regular old keyswitches but for them to work well, they need:

1. To just work and have priority over notes Solved By BRSO Art. not by my project or by default as the inputs need to come before the notes
2. To hook; to maintain the proper keyswitch (chronologically) even if you're skipping around the project's timeline. Solved by BRSO Art. and my Project
not by default because that's why Robinson made Articulate.
3. To be accessible - always visible/nearby, shortcut-accessible / scrollable what I'm trying to solve with this project I'm making
Not solved by BRSO, because the nature of note colors is clunky + it's a plugin, and not by default because you have to scroll or zoom to add them in
4. To be easy to manipulate - copy and pasting for libraries like Cinematic studios or even copying and then moving to the proper line can save to much time when working with multiple parts Achieved by default because notes can be copied/ pasted and moved to different lines easily
- Not achieved by BRSO because copy/paste would require you to manually fix harmony, and otherwise you have select all the notes after a passage is completed to try to copy the previous passage
- partially achieved by my project, because midi events can be copied and pasted in the dedicated editor and easily manipulated as automation but too clunky to really be practial

I really hope FL can either make these possible, or down the line restructure things so that users can code to make operations like this possible, but for now I just wanted to share my workaround and progress. I currently do use it by the way along with BRSO articulate as you can see, and it has already been great for my workflow. I hope it can give you ideas for yours! Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HowBoutSomeSnus
Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:25 am

x

Re: FL Studio Wrapper Project

The crosshair alone blew my mind, having that a...

Omnifold
Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:45 am

x

KJinx101 wrote: ↑Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:30 pm W...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blaeh
Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:52 am

x

This looks very good! I use velocity for switc...
Last edited by Blaeh on Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

KJinx101
Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:03 am

x

HowBoutSomeSnus wrote: ↑Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:25 ...

KJinx101
Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:35 am

x

Blaeh wrote: ↑Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:52 am This lo...

Omnifold
Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:21 am

x

KJinx101 wrote: ↑Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:03 am He...

KJinx101
Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:12 am

x

Omnifold wrote: ↑Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:21 am Heres...

phil.n
Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:06 am

x

Hi all, as I also work with orchestral librarie...

KJinx101
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:44 pm

x

phil.n wrote: ↑Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:06 am Hi all,...

phil.n
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:24 am

x

Hi Kjinx, could you post a screenshot or so? I ...

KJinx101
Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:33 am

x

Blaeh wrote: ↑Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:52 am I use v...

Blaeh
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:35 am

x

KJinx101 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:33 am Blaeh...

KJinx101
Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:38 pm

x

Progress Pic: Screenshot 2023-12-07 183429.png...

KJinx101
Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:35 pm

x

Omnifold wrote: ↑Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:45 am KJin...

Omnifold
Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:00 pm

x

KJinx101 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:35 pm Omnif...

KJinx101
Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm

x

Omnifold wrote: ↑Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:00 pm Rig...

KJinx101
Sat May 11, 2024 6:16 pm

x

Blaeh wrote: ↑Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:52 am For now...

Blaeh
Sat May 11, 2024 7:41 pm

x

KJinx101 wrote: ↑Sat May 11, 2024 6:16 pm Blaeh...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”