24.0.99[Build 4151] Weird delays loading and crashes - midi refresh hung states temp folder used for saves

It's in development so expect the unexpected!

Return to “FL Studio Beta & Release Candidate Testing”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
WilliamAshley
Tue May 21, 2024 4:45 pm

x

24.0.99[Build 4151] Weird delays loading and crashes - midi refresh hung states temp folder used for saves

Ok,

So I think this might be due to midi conflicts, but loading fl studio first time trying the new Beta I think 7 4151 it didn't seem to want to load the fruit just was very big and slowly shrank to normal size then it stayed there fora few minutes eventually thestart screen but it said like loading file in the hint menu... it took quite a while then took quite a while with midi devices refreshing --- I recently did midi in another software program so not sure if there is some conflict between the two software programs, the other wasn't open but I was getting load issues not sure if the different software programs were competing.

Also when I got it up and running after waiting for a few minutes for it to load after it initially crashing when I clicked on it (white fade out crash so fade to white sort of then crash without crash screen.

Anyway I was playing with a file.. but without me knowing I was assuming it was saving to the downloads folder that I loaded it from - I loaded it from a zip folder, but when I felt like rendering out as I felt done with it for the time being I noticed that all the files had saved to some directory that included the path temp in it --- so I tried to save out to desktop/documents etc.. as I was doing this the system froze up and the program crashes just after I had rendered out and attempted to save the flp in a non temp folder. After directory searches I havn't been able to find the .flps for the project except 2 for reasons unknown the one (45) saved outside the temp while another not sure if this is the one I managed to save. I had intended to transfer all the flps out of the temp folder but fl crashes before i could do it, they are still sort of missing not sure what temp folder flps would save to if I was loading from a zip file as they arn't in that zip file.

Windows 11 has been super buggy with UAC controls and disabling a lot of functions so doing anything to search directories has been difficult, so there could be a few things at play, the other software program maybe taking common resources with fl studio even after it closed not sure, windows update itself making the entire file system buggy and read only without elevation -signing etc... it has default gone insane like even my user account can't use the os anymore functionally.
And then the Beta install was in the worst state i have ever seen it massively hung and crashing.

None the less I felt I should at least report the crash and potential circumstances. It was definitely buggy behavior.

Also this was the flp project I was working on, this was I think from a previous version of fl studio from 2012 I am not sure if that had something to do with the buggy loading -- but I simply launched the beta and had the same behavior for reasons unknown the program stopped saving 3 hours prior so the only backup save seems to be a few hours prior to the crash not 100% percent sure but it seems background saving that was set to every 10 minute wasn't saving every 10 minutes. viewtopic.php?p=1947582#p1947582

I was doing data backups at the same time so it is possible they are still somewhere in the data backup but my command line search under .flp didn't return those flps in the full search path. It is possible that the temp file directory was an archive of some sort or it is contained within an actual temp file that doesn't have a file type assigned to it.. but not sure why this would happen.

This was my first time using the new beta .. the previous beta was relatively stable but after the update it just sort of got buggy in terms of taking really long to load stuff from likely the windows shell interface side--- like I think fl was running but file save/load activities were buggy and this likely was the reason for the crashes. maybe.

This started happening after windows update finished and fl beta was installed Microsoft Windows 11 Pro [Version 10.0.22631.3593]

WilliamAshley
Thu May 23, 2024 1:38 am

x

Re: 24.0.99[Build 4151] Weird delays loading and crashes - midi refresh hung states temp folder used for saves

MOST RECENT UPDATE: ~9:30AM EST So I have start...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Beta & Release Candidate Testing”