BSOD while running FL Studio

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
AaronGNP
Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:49 pm

x

BSOD while running FL Studio

I've been using FL Studio for quite sometime now, and last night I started getting BSODs while running FL Studio. I had a drummer over, playing on an electronic drum kit, with MIDI routing from the drum brain to the MIDI in on my M-Audio Fast Track Pro. In FL, I had one instance of FPC running, with 3 or 4 backing tracks (single WAV files, uncut, unsliced, loaded as Audio Clips, between 2 and 4 minutes long, depending on the song we were working on.) No FX, just volume control.

We weren't recording anything, he was just playing along to the backing tracks (new drummer in band, just learning how the songs go), so CPU load was insanely low. After while (3 or 4 songs, played through several times a piece) we got a BSOD. After another song, we got another. One more song, and another. After the third one, I figured it might be FPC, as I was running a nearly identical setup while training my keyboardist a few weeks prior and had no problems (and in fact, the keyboardist was using FX and VSTiS which WERE using a fair amount of CPU). To instead of using FPC, I setup individual samples and used a layer to trigger those samples instead of FPC.

This worked for about 5 minutes, and we get another BSOD.

So crap, it's not FPC. So now we decide to just run with the drum brain, by itself, not triggering anything in FL. So FL is just running 3 (or 4) audio clips, no FX, no incoming MIDI, nothing. After two or so songs, blam, BSOD.

So I guess my question is, has my install of FL Studio shit the bed, or has anyone else seen a problem like this before, and fixed it without having to do a fresh install?

Thanks in advance.

AGNP

nucleon
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:13 pm

x

Sounds like a deeper problem than just with FL....

AaronGNP
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:21 pm

x

Well the weird thing is that afterwards, since ...

nucleon
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:34 pm

x

A System Restore removed files that werent remo...
Last edited by nucleon on Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reflex
Site Admin
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:35 pm

x

Does it also happen when the M-Audio device is ...

AaronGNP
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:52 pm

x

I'll have to try and crash it tonight. I'll tr...

nucleon
Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:01 pm

x

AaronGNP wrote:The big question is if I have a ...

AaronGNP
Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:37 pm

x

nucleon wrote:AaronGNP wrote:The big question i...

AaronGNP
Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:08 pm

x

OK, after running in single monitor mode for ~2...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:35 am

x

That's really weird. Could you check that you ...

AaronGNP
Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:46 pm

x

My problems have continued, including WinAmp no...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”