New playlist...final solution?

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
adamszabo
Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:51 pm

x

New playlist...final solution?

Ok, so many people whish for a better and more organised playlist. The pattern clips were a brilliant idea, but there are still a few restrictions and limitations.

Personally for me the problem is that, I dont really use the old lego blocks because then it really gets messy. My dream is to have all my basses, pads, or each instrument, on its own lane. Now I can do that with the pattern clip window. The problem now, is that when I have the pattern clip fully open, then I dont have the patterns list anymore. Now if I want to color, or edit, or make a new, or duplicate a pattern, i have to drag the clip window down to fix my stuff, then pull it back again, and then if I see a problem or get a new idea, i have to pull down the window again, find the pattern, edit, then pull back up. A total head acke. I know I have the Pattern Clip Sources on the left side, but it doesnt provide the flexibility as the pattern list.

So basically what I am trying to say is that, I only use the patterns window for pattern editing, nothing more. But when I have the clip window fully open, I cant use it. So what if they could be seperated? Maybe an option for detachable patterns window, or if the clip window is fully drawn up the patterns list, from the block window would jump out to the left side (but not detached ofcourse)? I think it would be brilliant, and if one would NOT want to seperate them, then one wouldnt need to.

The other thing I wanted to discuss is that, people want a playlist like other sequencers, where each instrument has its own lane. Now I know this would take a huge effort to revamp the whole playlist and to think about reverse compatibility, plus what if old schools still like the blocks window?
So I thought of an idea, that could satisfy both parties. One could use the new way, and one coul also use the old way, and the playlist wouldt have to be reworked so much, and there will be no more whinings about the playlist...

Ill just let the image do the talking. I know this will never be made, but I hope it gives gol and his team some inspiration to make a better playlist.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hermann
Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:16 pm

x

why changing it ? i work in very big arrangemen...

adamszabo
Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:25 pm

x

Well, everyone is different, and we each have o...

Nuka314
Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:17 pm

x

it is also good idea

liberaltugboat
Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:22 pm

x

I was just thinking about this like 2 minutes a...

Steve Weaver
Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:13 pm

x

I totally agree with this post, but i write the...

didkat
Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:03 pm

x

A very similar idea was proposed a loong time a...

Dion
Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:16 pm

x

Hey, this grouping idea is pretty much exactly ...

adamszabo
Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:28 am

x

Haha, yes Dion I remember now. Maybe thats wher...

chris
Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 am

x

ide stop using fl if that design ever happened

adamszabo
Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:51 am

x

Why not? You wouldnt be forced to use it like t...

Dion
Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:22 pm

x

If there's only one software that constantly ma...

altf13
Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:58 pm

x

Sub-tracks in playlist for automation or just p...

liberaltugboat
Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:36 pm

x

Just want to revive the best and most plausible...

Return to “To Do”