Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Ghostwriter_
Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:48 am

x

Bass Tests

One of the first bass sounds we tried to create was a very simple one, it was a sine wave that descends in pitch, a vital bass sound for people like ourselves producing Drum and Bass. Also a really really easy thing to achieve it would seem. We thought we would be able to grab a sine wave from any of FL's synths, assign the pitch wheel to an envelope and we'd be away. unfortunately for us things didn't seem to work out.

An example of the sound we've been trying to create is in the FL file attached, it really is such a simple sound, though when we tried to create it in FL Studio, most of FL's synths seemed to be unable to do it.
The problem was that when the waveform's are being pitched around they don't pitch smoothly they step, this is especially noticeable in bass tones (the tones we are using).

First we tried:

Wasp

Then Wasp XT

Then Sytrus

Then the 404

Then 3osc.

Finally we found that yes, 3osc can achieve this, though it's set us back for literally months, and in our opinion rendered 4 of fl's synths completely useless to us.

People have been criticizing us for not creating our own sounds, for relying on presets on this forum, is it any wonder why we've been so frustrated, the lack of responsiveness from these synths has literally drained any will we had to try and create our own sounds from us completely. We mean that in all sincerity the first time we tried to do this, it sounded crap, same thing on the next synth, same thing on the synth after that etc until we just gave up.

It Really sucks that for the last six months or so being able to produce this simple sound on fl's synths has completely eluded us, we have suffered enough already, so don't all pile in on us, please try and be constructive in your responses. What were we doing wrong, was it wrong of us to expect these synth's to be able to pitch these waveforms smoothly? Did we approach it in the wrong way somehow?

We'd like to point out that our music has really suffered because of this problem, maybe even as a direct result of fl's synths, this is what we would like to ascertain, Why? what were we doing wrong, was it our fault in some way or are these synths laking something?

Note the way the pitch controls on the 404 and 3osc seem to move completely independently of the pitch envelopes. Please look at the FL file we have attached if anyone can tell us how we can still achieve this effect on wasp, wasp xt, that would be great, cos we really like the way these synths are laid out and could create a lot with them if it's weren't for this problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ghostwriter_ on Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

gol
Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:52 am

x

I'd give it a try (since there's absolutely not...

Ghostwriter_
Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:04 am

x

Sorry, sample now attatched

Ghostwriter_
Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:07 am

x

gol wrote:I'd give it a try (since there's abso...

gol
Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:22 am

x

Sorry, sample now attatched I was talking abou...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ghostwriter_
Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:28 am

x

Sytrus we can understand, from what we know you...

gol
Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:36 am

x

unusual about the pitch knobs on the 404 and 30...

sQeetz
Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:46 am

x

Ghostwriter wrote:We don't use sytrus that much...

Ghostwriter_
Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:46 am

x

That makes sense, well thats what we're used to...

Scotty_3
Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:47 am

x

I'd take the time to learn Sytrus as it's by fa...

gol
Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:59 am

x

but Wasp, Waspxt, 3osc and 404 don't have envel...

Ghostwriter_
Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:02 pm

x

sQeetz wrote:Ghostwriter wrote:We don't use syt...

Ghostwriter_
Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:04 pm

x

gol wrote:but Wasp, Waspxt, 3osc and 404 don't ...

nucleon
Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:34 pm

x

Ghostwriter wrote:Look we'll get back to the he...

slicetwo
Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:57 am

x

yo yo i think i recommended computer music bef...

Ghostwriter_
Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:13 am

x

Cool nucleon and SQueetz, yeah thats helped us ...

McAlex
Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:41 am

x

In response to not having envelopes that can be...

Ghostwriter_
Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:51 am

x

Thanks mcAlex, yeah we sussed out 3osc was prob...

triplep
Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:23 am

x

3x is a great place to start Ghost! I would not...

evilwill
Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:19 pm

x

i use 3xosc + slides in the piano roll for this...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”