Tempo syncing in SynthMaker

Discuss & exchange FL SynthMaker presets here.

Return to “FL SynthMaker / FlowStone - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Gho5tly
Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:08 pm

x

Tempo syncing in SynthMaker

i just started using SynthMaker and am very excited with the freedom to make any sound i choose, first thing i had to do was make a 2 oscillator with phase control.
but i have alot of ideas but am not sure how to have it tempo synced. im not sure if it should be tempo synced to FL(host) or if it should have an input area to have its own tempo.
Delay is my most wanted effect to be tempo based but am not sure how to do it, i want to have a sequencer like area to dictact when the delay will sound. with a tempo synced release knob(if posible) to be able to make a nice echo effect.
so far i have found that SM uses samples to keep time. so im guessing i would need {44100/(BPM/60)=samples per beat. then multiple that by the variable of where it would sound, i.e. .25=1/4beat .50=1/2beat .75=3/4beat.
so the effect would check for a true or false from the front window to see how many samples it would wait to sound again.

i got part of the idea off another forum where the guy freely shared his idea, and im trying to expand on it a bit. im a complete nooob. its only my second day using SM =D

Return to “FL SynthMaker / FlowStone - Presets & Programming”