Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
funkytecknician
Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:10 pm

x

CPU Core usage and cross-computer communication

Hello all,

My method of production is very CPU intensive as I generally prefer my generators to be either SynthMaker or Sytrus, or, occasionally, external VSTis. I was wondering how FL Studio utilizes available cores. I have an i7 which I've heard has either 6 or 8 such "cores". That being said, does FL Studio and its native plugins engage all cores or is it only pigeon-holed to one core? Hypothetically speaking, if I get more "cores", can I run more generators simultaneously?

If this is not the case, I'd like to know if it's possible to somehow wire up several computers to a main one such that I could send midi messages to the computers and receive audio data back. On the "main" computer it would appear as though I'd have 20 instruments, yet, perhaps only a few of them might actually be calculated on the "main" computer itself. It'd be on the subordinate computers where the other instruments would be calculated. Is this possible? If so, how could I go about doing this? Also, would there be significant syncronization issues? I don't want to call for a kick drum and a hat to play simultaneously only to hear them staggered by 1000ms.

Thank you all for your time.
N

Scott
Site Admin
Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:22 am

x

Re: CPU Core usage and cross-computer communication

funkytecknician wrote:Hello all, My method of ...

Scott
Site Admin
Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:28 am

x

Re: CPU Core usage and cross-computer communication

zythum wrote: You may like to read section 3 fr...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”