FL Studio 10 in Mac OS X w/Wine

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Dope Thunder
Wed May 25, 2011 4:14 pm

x

FL Studio 10 in Mac OS X w/Wine

First of all, I know: FL Studio 10 is not supported for Mac OS X. I'm aware, and I want to do it anyway. I wanted to find out of if someone who has done it successfully before would be willing to give me any advice. I brought up this topic over in the To Do section of the forums, and realized it would make a lot of sense to shift it elsewhere. This seemed appropriate.

Anyway, the demo works fine but I can't seem to get it working as a fully registered product, which may have something to do with how I'm installing it. Here is my process: I opened Winebottler, went to "create custom prefixes" and chose flstudio_10.0_online.exe from Tucows as my install file, setting it as a new prefix. I then clicked install. Everything seemed to go smoothly, and it finished installing as normal. Then, from the status bar, I opened the registry editor in Wine, selected registry > import registry file, navigated to the FL Studio reg file I downloaded from my account page on this site, and opened the file. Then I shut down the registry editor and, when I open FL Studio 10, it seems to function just fine...but only as a demo. It seems like either the registry editor isn't functioning properly when I try to import the reg file, or the install of FL Studio 10 is ignoring the reg info changes.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

c5_convertible
Wed May 25, 2011 6:19 pm

x

Re: FL Studio 10 in Mac OS X w/Wine

I haven't installed it myself, but I helped som...

MikeHart
Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:50 pm

x

Hi, I have the same problem. Did you got it f...

MikeHart
Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:22 pm

x

Ok, got it to work. 1) I installed FLStudio 1...

Dope Thunder
Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:18 pm

x

Yeah, sorry I didn't get back here before now, ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”