Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Ghostwriter_
Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:33 am

x

Clipping after normalization

Hi everyone.

I'm somewhat confused, can anyone answer a couple of quick questions for me?

Why after normalization is this sample (half speed hit) clipping, if I understand correctly the maximum volume a wave's peaks can reach is 0 - db.

All the channels it's running through are flat, everything set to %80 this would give me 0 - db right? so why is the signal greater then 0 - db when the wave is playing through a flat set up with no extra amplification or EQ'ing?

Does normalizing produce a wave that has a higher threshold than 0 - db or is my set up not flat?

Secondly.

After rendering this loop at 0 - db (just a fraction below clipping) the resulting wave form (Ghost drum) is very quiet, when viewed the peaks of the waveform reach no where near the top even after normalizing. why is that, surely normalizing the waveform should bring the highest peak up to 0 - db?

It's in the attached zip, perhaps someone would be kind enough to have a look for me.

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ghostwriter_ on Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghostwriter_
Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:25 pm

x

I don't understand this, I heard somewhere that...
Last edited by Ghostwriter_ on Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LO pH
Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:56 pm

x

Could it have anything to do with the panning o...

Seva Randeep
Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:03 pm

x

Re: Clipping after normalization

Ghostwriter wrote:All the channels it's running...

Ghostwriter_
Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:24 pm

x

I see, well perhaps I should say all the channe...
Last edited by Ghostwriter_ on Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gol
Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:27 pm

x

Why after normalization is this sample (half sp...

Ghostwriter_
Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:30 pm

x

Thanks Gol, yes it is being time stretched by a...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”