3rd party step sequencer question (regarding midi)

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
mpodrug
Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:35 pm

x

3rd party step sequencer question (regarding midi)

Hi. I downloaded this free step sequencer from: http://www.rozzer.net/wp/?p=4 and i am having some fun from this tool and i want to push it further however i cant figure some things which are focused more on FL way of working with midi channels.

Plugin is really simple. You load it as VST instrument then you have to map it through your midi out port via FL intern port mapping (that numbers in top right corner of any generator). So i can run it and it play just fine.
But how can i set it up to control for example midi channel 5 or 6 or 10? I mean i can run it and it will only control midi channel 1 and nothing else. In cubase (just for example) i set port, then i set it to control midi track which i want and that is all. I can click on midi channel xx and it will control that xx channel. Also when i click record in cubase, cubase will record notes from that step sequencer in to piano roll.

So my question is is it possible to FL somehow "say" which midi channel i want to control to that Step sequencer? If so what can i do? And can i record notes in FL piano roll?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. (btw yes i am aware of FL step sequencer and its own way od doing things)

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”