The place to share Grooves & Presets + Groove Machine Synth

Return to “Groove Machine & GMS - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Errripppage
Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:09 am

x

Groove Machine necessary features

Hi,

In trying the demo on my Mac I must say that I really love the layout and the way that Groove Machine sounds. It has an amazing amount of potential. As this is an early incarnation I thought it would be helpful to give a few suggestions on relatively standard features that should be added that will help the users out. Groove Machine has the potential to crush Motu BPM and Maschine especially at this price.

Features needed:

1. Comprehensive Instruction Manual - Where can it be found? It should be easy to access
2. Undo/Redo
3. The right click feature does not seem to work on the mac version (I have a 2 button mouse and Groove Machine doesn't seem to acknowledge this while my host sequencer does)
3. More flexible time signatures. One way this could be implemented is that the view of the step sequencer could change from 16 steps to 12 steps etc when changed to 3/4 timing...
4. Midi Export.. This is an absolute MUST... This is necessary for further tweaking and editing into the host Digital Audio Workstation or changing the synth sound to another synth plugin in the host... The lack of midi export was a contributing factors for this plugin not receiving a higher rating on Music Radar
(see the first paragraph on this review: http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/comp ... 4/review/3)
There should be something equating to a drag and drop function for patterns to be dropped into the digital audio workstation. See EZ drummer midi drumbeats as a good example of how midi drag and drop can work in conjunction with the host sequencer.
I know that implementing some of these features could be potentially tedious from a programming view point but it will be worth it in all the new customers you'll get with a superior product!

As I said initially.. I love the way Groove Machine looks, feels and sounds... There are just a few things that need to be addressed to minimize frustration and limitations put on the customer.

gamecat666
Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:07 pm

x

Re: Groove Machine necessary features

I had high hopes for this getting lots of patch...

rluk
Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:32 pm

x

It is a bit frustrating, for quite expensive pl...

joelsampson
Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:03 am

x

yes - I wish it was updated. It has a lot of po...

Return to “Groove Machine & GMS - Presets & Programming”