Got a flair: DMX signal, DSP control, DSP.Robotics and FL automations

Discuss & exchange FL SynthMaker presets here.

Return to “FL SynthMaker / FlowStone - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Matthieu
Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:06 pm

x

Got a flair: DMX signal, DSP control, DSP.Robotics and FL automations

Clubs's lighting equipment in the clubs around here are using DMX signal (ok i'm not brilliant in the domain but flair is flair!) The software used is called "Light Jockey" that uses a jeskola-buzz like interface.
Outsim has expended its domains of action by releasing DSP.Robotics that is used to control electronic devices.
If DSP and DMX signal could find its way into communicating together with some interpreter or something, and as Syhtnkamer akready is adapted to FLstudio which make dsp.robotics have some pre-requisites to be loadable inside FlStudio too...
This would give the FL's power of automations to DSProbotics which could then control entire club light systems with customizable interfaces and... Dudes: This represent a serious and implied market that is ready to invest huge in order to keep on top of the lead!
Normal users wouldn't find much uses in this or if they plan on building DIY robots for their entertainment :P But the club industry would feel the huge improvement to their workflow!
If this project was to be considered, the resulting product could sell at least the same price as DSP Robotics itself... But the FL version of it, including the conversion engine could make the price climb up and yet any clubs would find it ridiculously low of an investment! :P
I don't know how much of workarounds would be needed to make the DSP availlable in FL, If it would directly work or if it would need its inner dependencies satisfied. If it do work instantly it could be achieved withins a short time!
$

Don't say i ain't generous!

-Matt

Dozius
Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:18 pm

x

DMX512 uses standard RS-485. The flowstone webs...

jmc
Site Admin
Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:33 pm

x

Re: Got a flair: DMX signal, DSP control, DSP.Robotics and F

Hi, I'm glad I can revive this topic as we are...

Return to “FL SynthMaker / FlowStone - Presets & Programming”