Will songs find samples if I move collection to new drive?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Brikbat
Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:20 am

x

Will songs find samples if I move collection to new drive?

I have been waiting for my new external hard drive to arrive before I install FL8,and its just arrived but there is a couple of things I need to know before I go ahead.

1.I plan to move my whole sample collection to the new drive and point the FL browser to it.Will my old FL songs find the samples and recordings in thier new location?

2.Is it possible to move my vst folder (C/Programs/vstplugins) to the new drive and just point FL to it?Will this cause any problems?

3.My "recorded" folder is overflowing with junk due to me not organising it corectly from the start.I have realised my error,but Im not sure how to clear out the junk and how to organise it in the future.Any tips?Some songs have many takes of unused audio,should I just go through song by song and find out what takes I used,and then delete the rest from the recorded folder?

Would be great if someone can clarify matters for me as Im itching to get FL8 installed now and hopefully keep my whole system a bit more organised from now on.

Thanks...Dan

nucleon
Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:15 am

x

I think if you add the folder of the new place ...

cmunoz
Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:34 pm

x

right that should not be a problem. just make ...

DavidD.
Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:51 pm

x

Re:

Brikbat wrote: 2.Is it possible to move my vst ...

spectroman
Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:16 am

x

You could just avoid the problem all together a...

Brikbat
Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:48 am

x

spectroman wrote:You could just avoid the probl...

kiilroy
Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:14 pm

x

different drives

When you move folders to a new drive you must d...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”