Midi Rerouter made in Synthmaker

Discuss & exchange FL SynthMaker presets here.

Return to “FL SynthMaker / FlowStone - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
HSJIII
Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:58 am

x

Midi Rerouter made in Synthmaker

Hi folks, this is HSJIII. I've recently completed an intermediate stage of my project, and I'm at liberty to share something from that process, a "MiniMidiRerouter", attached as a compiled dll. This was written in FL Synthmaker. The Router can map midi signals from one arbitrary port / channel in to another port/channel. It has the added feature of being able to adjust the volume of in-transit notes. I like this program; it does have some known faults, however:

1 At high midi rates (_very_ high note rates,) it's exhibited some inclination to crash. This instability is coming from the way FL & Synthmaker interact (not my code), so if you would like to the plugin work better, beseech them to fix this bug. It also seems alot more stable when I don't change the port too much...but that might just be superstition.

2 It must be stored in FL's "Plugins \ Fruity \ Generators" directory, or it won't load. (the generic plugins directory does not appear to work). Include the folder it came in (copy paste them both from the zip file) into the FL Generators directory. On my own system that's:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 11\Plugins\Fruity\Generators

3 Does not appear to route across between fl host and fl vsti... I've reported this as a bug to fl, because it's their code (or flowstone's perhaps) which is preventing this bridge from happening.

4 LED's stop working after it's been playing a long time. They do start up again, though.

5 Redraw gets very sluggish if you use this to reroute cc's, so your best bet is to set the port, channel and volume before you start, if you are using this to route a continuous controller...otherwise you might not be able to see what settings you are picking.

...but it might be slightly different on your own, depending on what version of windows OS your computer runs.

I'd be happy if some of you would download it and experiment. I am curious to hear if it can run on other people's platforms, and also how it performs for them. It was developed exclusively on a windows 7 64 platform, so I'm not really certain what to expect...but if you can get it working I'm certain there are some of you who could genuinely get alot of good use from this plugin.

Please post your feedback here, if you are having any kind of difficulty with it. As much as I'm liking being able to share something back today, I'm also trying to spec it out, to see where it works/doesn't, and to ensure that it doesn't have any more bugs. ;-)

That's all for now! Have a great day, guys.
HSJIII
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HSJIII on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

HSJIII
Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:09 pm

x

Re: Midi Rerouter made in Synthmaker

Here are some basics for getting started. It h...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HSJIII
Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:15 pm

x

Here are the other feedback queues available fr...

Mc UB
Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:42 pm

x

Looks interesting, but what would I use it for?...

HSJIII
Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:39 pm

x

Mc UB wrote:Looks interesting, but what would I...

Return to “FL SynthMaker / FlowStone - Presets & Programming”