Ideas: "Group Windows" and "Multi window resize" for FL 12

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Mikekey
Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:48 pm

x

Ideas: "Group Windows" and "Multi window resize" for FL 12

Group Windows (Window arrangement snapshots)

The new vector based GUI is great, and it makes arranging windows so that they are nice and tidy really easy, i have a couple ideas that might improve window management further.
Right now you can toggle between all open windows by pressing the tab key. If you have many windows open, using the tab key to get to the window/windows you want is slow, but imagine if you could group whatever windows that you want so you essentially toggle through your own preset window arrangements that fit your own workflow. I think this would be very useful.

For example:
Lets say you arrange the step sequencer and the piano roll and the browser on your screen and group those windows, lets call this group "Group1".
And next you arrange the play list, the mixer and a control surface window and group those windows together as "Group2".
And now when you press tab you toggle between the groups instead of the individual windows. And if there is any un-grouped windows open you toggle between "group1 -> "group2" -> "un-grouped windows", and back again.

Illustrative example:
grouping.jpg

Multi Window resize

This is a way to resize multiple windows at once. I think this would be really handy and make resizing faster. Basically it works by clicking and dragging where two or more windows connects with each other. See picture.
Illustrative example:
resize.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scoox
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:26 am

x

Re: Ideas: "Group Windows" and "Multi window resize" for FL 12

This FR is great. Being able to quickly recall ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Scoox on Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scoox
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:56 am

x

Re: Ideas: "Group Windows" and "Multi window resize" for FL 12

Here's one more suggestion—and feel free to deb...

Return to “To Do”