Piano Roll LFO Tool: Reset Before Processing

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
hidrux
Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:51 pm

0 x

Piano Roll LFO Tool: Reset Before Processing

What I'm really looking for here is to add crescendos and de-crescendos to velocity in a set of patterns totally merged as one track, without affecting the current velocities.

Say for Example I change the velocities on a guitar patterns using the strum tool. Some of these pattern repeat as chorus part 1, chorus part 2. It would be too much to explain here is a picture of my current practice session.
LFORBP.png

It's Vista and a chunk of my desktop backround.

What I do from here is Merge down, add some randomization of velocity and pitch -which already has "Reset Before Processing"- then attempt to add crescendos and de-crescendos to the chorus and verse separately but the LFO tool flattens all the velocity data before allowing me to create curves.

Using the strumming tool after the merging down would take hours and is error prone, especially to a track that has more parts eg. Intro,Verse 1, Chorus 1, Verse 2, Chorus 2, Bridge 1, Chorus 3, Outro.

As one can see from the picture I have already used an automation clip to control the volume in the VSTi, this of course does nothing for the velocity layer switching/velocity modulation of the instrument.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by hidrux on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

psiphi
Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:56 pm

0 x

Re: Piano Roll LFO Tool: Reset Before Processing

This might help: you can not only apply Piano R...

hidrux
Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:55 am

0 x

Velocity is the original target. Although not v...

Dion
Fri May 18, 2018 1:08 pm

0 x

I think the new VFX Level Scaler will allow you...

Return to “To Do”