House of Cards | Reworked mix - please read edit to first post | Pop (again)

to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Epic Audio
Thu May 17, 2018 7:58 pm

0 x

Re: House of Cards | Reworked mix - please read edit to first post | Pop (again)

There's actually a bit of discussion about the HF content earlier in this thread, where DT was saying he likes to use tambourines or something to fill up that area when working with guitars, because they are so mid-heavy. I personally would like to keep this one a bit more simple and not have too much percussion - maybe I can also bring out the claps a bit more with this in mind.

Sometimes the odd exciter on a jangly guitar part can work quite well, but it's not a good idea as a rule of thumb IME.

Yeah, especially the high frequency "management" differs a lot, also in Pop music and is very much a matter of taste and style.
Here I was thinking, if I would master this track, I would try to reduce a bit especially around 2 - 6khz and therefor boost around 10khz, just for balancing and getting rid of some harshness/sharpness. But when boosting the highs to much, the cymbals start to get annoying... always better to do things in the mix

Epic Audio
Fri May 18, 2018 2:02 pm

0 x

Re: House of Cards | Reworked mix - please read edit to first post | Pop (again)

Hey steevm,back on your track again, I hope you...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Epic Audio
Sun May 20, 2018 1:06 pm

0 x

The new mix version is sounding much better and...
Last edited by Epic Audio on Mon May 21, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iRelevant
Sun May 20, 2018 2:49 pm

1 x

I think the new revision sound even better.
Last edited by iRelevant on Sun May 20, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Song Exchange”