Please Help - Need Mixer to control motorized faders!

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Cost2012
Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:53 pm

0 x

Please Help - Need Mixer to control motorized faders!

Hi everyone,

I am really hoping someone can help me with my problem. I have been trying to figure it out for a few days now to no avail.

I just purchased the Allen & Heath Qu-32.It features DAW control functionality and has motorized faders. With all other DAW's this hardware works great and faders are able to send and receive MIDI info and move accordingly. In FL Studio I am able to link the controller to the faders in the mixer and when I move the physical fader, the virtual fader in FL resonds accordingly. When I move the virtual fader though, the physical QU-32 fader does not move.

I read that FL Studio's mixer does not have built in MIDI CC control and I already tried several workarounds. I found this one to work the best so far:

Here's a workaround that will do the job.
1.Add a Dashboard channel and a Midi out channel to the step sequencer.
2.Add a slider to the dashboard.
3.Link the master volume to the dashboard slider.
4.Link one of the controls in the midi out channel to the dashboard slider (be sure to un-click "Remove conflicts")
5.When you move the dashboard slider, both the master volume and the midi out will now follow the movements.
6.Configure the midi out control for CC 20 and set the port and midi channel to what you need.
7.Move the dashboard slider only. If you move the other controls they will stop responding to the dashboard and you'll have to re-link them.

The problem is that with using this technique I am only able to move the faders in the dashboard and not the mixer. This means that when I open an existing project, the faders do not move. I need to find another way to link the faders, so that when I open a project in FL, the faders on my Qu-32 jump into position.

I have seen this work with a Mackie mixer in this video here:

The Qu-32 also supports Mackie Control software, but I am still unable to get it to work. Any suggestions and tips?? I would really appreciate it, because I don't want to be forced out of using FL Studio and switching to another DAW.

Thanks!

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”