Hey guys, I wanted to post some features that I think should be in FL Studio. I apologize if some of these features already exist and I'm just too braindead to find them.
1. An option to adjust multiple volume knobs for channel rack channels, which also does not move the sliders in the mixer. The purpose for this is because when you add lots of plugins in the mixer, it adds lots of gain to the track, which causes you to lower the volume to avoid clipping, but once you do this enough times, your faders are set very low and you cannot get as fine adjustments audibly when the faders are that low. It kind of messes things up. So by being able to move multiple volume knobs for the channels, you can turn down the volume without dragging your mixer faders real low.
2. I'm sure everyone is requesting this one, but I'll say it anyway - THEMES! We want to be able to customize the look of FL Studio with themes again. Even a few stock themes without the ability to custom theme would be something.
3. This one probably isn't necessary and is kind of a crazy idea, but might be useful for some and would look pretty awesome, but how 'bout an option to put a copy of the song position panel (both scroller and clock), output panel, and CPU and memory panel in the macOS system menubar, so when you are multitasking or using another DAW, you can see what's going on in FL Studio. Probably not necessary but it was a thought. The menubar is so naked when you have FL Studio as the active app in macOS.
4. This one is probably really really hard to do, if not impossible, but it would be awesome to be able to work on 2 projects at once, with a windows switching mechanism or tabs that you click to switch between projects, with the ability to copy MIDI and other files to the other project you are working on. There has been some cases where I've needed to do this and I used a virtual machine with FL Studio to have 2 instances running.
5. An option to set how fast or slow the mouse scrolls in FL Studio. Yes I know I can probably change it in my operating system settings, but then when I browse the internet and do other stuff it will be too fast or too slow. FL Studio needs its own scroll speed settings, for both horizontal scrolling and vertical scrolling. Independent settings for scrolling in both directions would be excellent.
6. An option to hide or display the registered username in FL Studio. Currently I have to open a template with a song name in "Project Info" that has a blank space in order to hide my name, without making every exported audio file have the same name while still hiding my name.
7. Meters that show clipping a little more clearly. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell if it's clipping or really close. Having them turn bright red or having a separate light that flickers when a track clips would be nice. They turn like an orange, which isn't a traditional "Warning" sign to me. Meanwhile, I'll use Wave Candy I guess.
Well, that's all the suggestions I have for now. I don't mean to sound unappreciative of the work you guys at Image-Line have done, cause I'm not. You guys are awesome and I wouldn't even be writing this if you were another company. Nobody else cares about their customers, they just do whatever they think will be a gimmick to make them money, they don't care about giving customers features they ask for.
Thanks for all the hard work, guys!
Post your ideas and suggestions here
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]