Just got FL, super excited! :D (and thank you devs!)

Post everything that's off-topic for the other boards here.

Return to “O.f.f T.o.p.i.c”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
TehBrian
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:25 am

0 x

Just got FL, super excited! :D (and thank you devs!)

Hi there! I'm Brian. I'm not super good at music making or have really made anything I would consider a fully fleshed song at all, but recently I've really enjoyed making little songs and exploring that creative side of me.

I've been using the FL Studio trial version for a while now, roughly a year I think, and I know a lot of people pirate FL Studio but I really just cannot do that, I don't feel it's right, especially with how nice Image Line is with the infinite trial and people and everything. The trial is slightly annoying since you can't save, so I would do everything in one sitting, but, in a way, I think it gave me some motivation to consistently keep going on a song once I start it.

But just recently, today actually, my sister's boyfriend went out and bought a box of FL Studio Fruity Edition, and I was just super stoked. It just really kind of brightened my heart to know that someone actually believed in me making something and doing something that they would go out and spend actual money on me.

I'm super excited now that I can save songs, and I really feel like I can actually work on things without worrying if FL Studio will crash (I'm running on a Mac, and while I'm super grateful Image Line is making it compatible with Mac (like SUPER grateful) it did have a FEW bugs.) and I would lose everything I made.

I'm thinking maybe I will upgrade soon to Producer Edition since having samples would be very nice, for drum and kick and all that, but I've seen people do great things and make their own sounds just with the amazing synths FL Studio has built-in, not to mention the free ones on the web.

I'm super happy to be a part of this community, and I'm especially glad that Image Line is so amazing. Please, seriously, don't change, IL. I just love how much the developers talk with the community, and LISTEN to what they have to say, and add the features they ACTUALLY WANT. And especially Scott, since he just seems to reply on every single thread and is just so nice and helpful with people. Please don't change, I think the developers are one of the main reasons I like FL Studio.

Anyway, just wanted to say I'm super excited and happy about FL Studio, and thank you so much to Scott and the amazing people at Image Line (FL Studio is seriously the cleanest and best-looking and working DAW I know, better than Ableton IMO!) for making such a great software, and actually TALKING with the people who buy the software. I'm super happy to be a part of this community.

Thanks!

Return to “O.f.f T.o.p.i.c”