Being able to assign shortcut keys to recall specific plugin windows (closed/hidden)

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Madma
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:21 pm

0 x

Being able to assign shortcut keys to recall specific plugin windows (closed/hidden)

As the title.

Many times I find myself recalling the same exact window dozens of times
(E.g. spectrogram, limiter, visualizers, basically any audio utility) which becomes tedious repeating that every time.

Say you're working on a mixer track PEQ2 and you need to do AB comparisons, check the result of EQ tweaks, etc. Many times it is not evwn possible to keep both windows in front (due to monitor limitations, detached/non detached workflows, etc..)

Anyway, every time you do a tweak on that EQ, to recall e.g. a spectrogram plugin you have to click again on the mixer to bring it in front, click on current track then click two times on the spectrogram: once for closing it (because actually was open but hidden) then click again to bring it in front.

Multiply this process dozens if not hundreds of times and you understand how this becomes tedious.

I suggest a quick key assignment to any plugin window so to quickly recall it whenever you need.
This could definitely be placed in the wrapper toolbar, accessible with ease.

Thank you

Return to “To Do”